Little River Rio

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
AHM have released the issue what my tanks been published in 😀.

Only got it on PDF atm but they are going to send me some hard copies.

Managed to get the site mentioned a few times so hopefully readers will come over and see what this site is all about and enjoy it like we all do
Screenshot_20220417-212945_OneDrive.jpg

🙂
Screenshot_20220417-212958_OneDrive.jpg

🙂

Screenshot_20220417-213006_OneDrive.jpg

Think seachem should send me a few bottles of flourish for advertisement of their product lol🤣

AHM have released the issue what my tanks been published in 😀.

Only got it on PDF atm but they are going to send me some hard copies.

Managed to get the site mentioned a few times so hopefully readers will come over and see what this site is all about and enjoy it like we all do
View attachment 158185
🙂
View attachment 158183
🙂

View attachment 158184

Think seachem should send me a few bottles of flourish for advertisement of their product lol🤣
You do kinda deserve it... Hopefully they send you something... They used you for advertising

20220424_174003.jpg

Big River Rio (must re-name that now) may be in nowhere land atm but Little River Rio's still blooming and giving me enjoyment.

The scape and fish really do compliment each other nicely and its a lovely set up to watch. I sit with this to my left and the tv to my right.

Safe to say the tv doesnt get much of a look in🙂

View attachment 158567
Big River Rio (must re-name that now) may be in nowhere land atm but Little River Rio's still blooming and giving me enjoyment.

The scape and fish really do compliment each other nicely and its a lovely set up to watch. I sit with this to my left and the tv to my right.

Safe to say the tv doesnt get much of a look in🙂
Sorry for your other tank but at least you still have this one!

Started a re-scape on the little Rio🏗
20220424_174003.jpg
Set this scape up in Oct 21 and ive loved the journey this tanks been on🙂 from tank of the month to tank of the year!! then to get it published in an Amercian aquarium hobbyist magazine was a fitting touch for this scape. Its been a joy to watch and see it evolve🙂
Screenshot_20220417-212945_OneDrive.jpg
Screenshot_20220417-212958_OneDrive.jpg
Screenshot_20220417-213006_OneDrive.jpg

🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿🌿
Thought it was time to start a new journey and a little aim was to create a space where i could see all the fish most of the time but still have plenty of cover for security.
20230604_185032.jpg

Last scape had alot of space behind the driftwood where the cories would chill alot so id probably only see half the pack at one time (unless feeding) so this tank provides alot of deck space to view the cories more now. Must say so far this as worked brilliantly🙂

I did add a small area of gravel for a change but i didnt feel it was going to work in the long term
20230603_142237.jpg

Stocking wise its still the same 'ish' apart my Bn pleco as gone to live in one of my 5ft's and i did add a couple of clown plec's and some glass catfish in a while back.

*Pearl Gourami
*Cardinal tetra
*Rummy-nose tetra
*ghost glass catfish
*Pepper cories
*Clown plecs

Just need to tweak it now and add some more plants. May even add a few more to my Tetra groups🐠

Wow this looks awesome! Going to fill in great!

Are those Cherry Barbs I can see in the pictures? Interesting choice on the Glass Catfish, really unusual and unique fish but not always an obvious choice - wonder what the most glass tank could be, Glass Knives, Glass Catfish, Glass Fish, Pi Tetra... why has no one done this!

Wow this looks awesome! Going to fill in great!

Are those Cherry Barbs I can see in the pictures? Interesting choice on the Glass Catfish, really unusual and unique fish but not always an obvious choice - wonder what the most glass tank could be, Glass Knives, Glass Catfish, Glass Fish, Pi Tetra... why has no one done this!
Oh yes i forgot my cherry barbs on the list🤦 my oldest fish they are🙂 5 left from my original group.

Glass fish are really unusual and unique and thats why i brought them on impluse after seening them in my lfs. They looked great in the shop in a big group against a blue background. Just looked like floating heads lol. They are really cool tbf.

20230929_183252.jpg
Not done an update on the Little Rio for a while. Needs a little tlc tbh. Ive added a small nano stream pump to help circulate the water a tad more which helps push the flow around the big piece of driftwood.
20230929_160720.jpg

I Need to add a few more plants soon. Want some more vallisneria for the left hand side, more crypts and something to replace the dwarf sag.
20230929_183513.jpg

All fish are good and doing well. This tanks a joy to watch on an evening, its colourful, as a lovely balance of activity and its nice and peaceful🙂

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back