Little miss Mimic

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CassCats

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Just sharing some photos of my sassy little Mimic and her little home.

Yawning fish make me smile. They look so goofy.
received_235025991233492.jpeg

received_2494067884178669.jpeg

received_2369779936645318.jpeg

And her cozy little setup. Planted with hornwort and salvinia

received_172903813672221.jpeg

Super cool!

Why Mimic as a name? Where did you get the inspiration? Cool name.
Because her colours change drastically.

When we first got her from the store her stress stripes were so vivid and she was so slim that she nearly didnt look like splendens. She looked a heck of a lot like an imbellis. Within days of being home she darkened and flared out some breeding stripes and shortly after red cheeks. Her colours change almost daily.

All of these photos are taken with my smart phone so they may not be as crisp.

20200201_213221.jpg
20200203_144708.jpg
20200213_064544.jpg

In the morning when I am doing my daily roll call (count) of my fish I look for the color of my fish to see if they are stressed, Neon tetra really show color change when they are stress. The other tetra are harder to tell.

In the morning when I am doing my daily roll call (count) of my fish I look for the color of my fish to see if they are stressed, Neon tetra really show color change when they are stress. The other tetra are harder to tell.
I find that a glo light will goof and hide when something Is bothering it. It will rejoin the group later.

My glow lights are too tired today after two weeks of the males chasing the females, in fact one male tried to chase a female and she spun around and chased him. 8 out of the 10 are now sitting in a group at one end of the tank chilling. One of the larger fry was out with the tiny fry for a minute at feeding time. Still can not tell what the younger fry is.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back