Little Aussie battler

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Shazbah

Reaction score
Hello - Could use some advice. 5 month old tank with 6 neon/2 bala shark - all water paramaters and equipment tested and fine :D

Originally 3 neon tetras. One became sick. Growing pale, thin and later with a white patch on its side - months ago. :sick: Medicated the tank and the tetra recovered somewhat.

Bought 3 neon tetra mates for it 2 weeks ago. It still looks quite strange - body wonky/bumpy? - hard to see it is so small, moves funny, blue and red colours slightly muted, thin but getting a little better:blink:.

Fish does not know that it is/was? sick :/ . Eats more than other fish put together, schools with other fish etc. I want to know if it is suffering or OK?

Any advice appreciated muchly .. oh and sorry for long post, thanks :look:

Hello Shazbah,

First I would like to welcome you to our forum. Were glad to have you here.

Next,

It sounds like a possible case of neon tetra disease. The fading color is a sign of this. I believe the white patchy area is as well, but I can't be sure. Don't have my reference books with me.

If it is neon tetra disease there is no known cure. I will check my texts when I get home this afternoon and post my findings.

CM

Sounds like neon tetra disease to me aswell, unfortunately as far as I know aswell there is no known cure. I've had neons with it, and most of them have died, though I still have one that had it about 8 months ago, who though he is thin, and a bit less colourful than the others seems fine in himself. If it is neon tetra disease I'm afraid all you can do is just make sure the water quality stays as good as possible, feed it live food and hope for the best. :)

UFC-5, "claims" to cure Neon Tetra Disease, but I have my doubts.

Thanks Alex, hope my tetra sticks around for another 8 months!. Thanks Amadaca - will look for UFC-5 :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back