Lister's Paradise

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm back from Silverstone and both angels are alive and are timidly coming out, but mostly still hiding in the rocks. I have fed the reef and they have come out to have their share, so they are eating.

Let's see how things pan out in the next days.

Brilly91 said:

Love flame angels got a plan if they start nipping at any corals? Ive been wanting to add one to my tank but keep putting it off as im worried theyll eat stuff they shouldnt.

Yes, take them back to the shop. I have had coral beauties and herald's angels in my tank, and all have been remarkably reef safe. Flame angels are supposed to be safer than those two.

I also have a butterfly in the reef, so I am checking the corals regularly, but I trust that regular feedings and plenty of food are going to prevent unexpected munching.

Zante said:
I'm back from Silverstone and both angels are alive and are timidly coming out, but mostly still hiding in the rocks. I have fed the reef and they have come out to have their share, so they are eating.

Let's see how things pan out in the next days.

Love flame angels got a plan if they start nipping at any corals? Ive been wanting to add one to my tank but keep putting it off as im worried theyll eat stuff they shouldnt.

Yes, take them back to the shop. I have had coral beauties and herald's angels in my tank, and all have been remarkably reef safe. Flame angels are supposed to be safer than those two.

I also have a butterfly in the reef, so I am checking the corals regularly, but I trust that regular feedings and plenty of food are going to prevent unexpected munching.

Silverstone :O alright for some lol

Well hopefully theyll be model citizens like the others for you then :D

I'm now on my second set of Triton Elementz, so let's do a bit of a checkup:

Ca: 450
Mg: 1320
Kh: 7.5 (not exactly high, but stable, so that's being consumed is going back in)
Ph: 8.6 (Never seen it move from there)

All in all not bad

Now the two flame angels have settled properly in and they are spending a lot less time in the rocks.
The clowns are still bullying them a bit but that too has settled down a bit.

Now that the hierarchy has been established the aggression from the male (or will-be-male) had died down very much and now the female (or will-stay-female) is only occasionally chased in a "remember who's boss" way.

The female is still spending a lot of time in the rocks, but that is to be expected, she's still quite small and that is their natural behaviour, but when it's feeding time she has no trouble swimming with the tangs and competing with them.

I will try and beat my laziness and make a video about them soon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back