List Of Gouramis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JoKeR

Pocket Full Of Fish
Reaction score
Well heres a list of gouramies, And a little info on them, so hope this helps. :)

Banded Gourami

Colisa_fasciata0.jpg

Size: 4-5 inches
Tank Size: 30-40 gallons
Temper: Peaceful
Other Tankmates: Livebearers, Tetras, Danios, Rasboras, Rainbowfish, Barbs, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: With its beatiful colors, people cant resist bringing this guys home. This fish is an egglayer and a bubblenest builder.

Blue Gourami

Tricho.JPG

Tank Size: 20-30 gallons
Temper: Semi-Aggresive
Other Tankmates: Larger Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish.
Remark: This fish look peaceful with its calming blueish color. But might get a little aggresive on other fish. This fish is also a bubblenest builder.

Thick Lipped Gourami

colisa_labiosa.jpg

Size: 3-4 inches
Other Tankmates: Larger Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish.
Remark: This fish is suitable for a community. It may get a little aggresive for territory when its breading. This fish is also a bubblenest builder.

Dwarf Gourami

dwarf.jpg

094.jpg

colisa_lalia_red2.jpg

Size: 2-3 inches
Tank Size: 10-20 gallons
Temper: Peaceful suitable for a community tank
Remark: This is a very peaceful fish. Very nice colors, neons red flames. This also a bubblenest builder like all gouramis.

Chocalate Gourami

fish_Sphaerichthys_osphromenoides.jpg

Tank size: 20-30
Remark: This is a shy fish, and very small. This fish is very peaceful so nice coloring, u might even try to eat him.

Pearl Gourami

Pearl_01.JPG

Size: 4-6 inches
Other Tankmates: Larger Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: This fish is usually peaceful, but when breeding comes. He might get aggresive, males are known for there red throats. like other types of gouramis this fish is also a bubblenest builder.

Opaline Gourami

Blueg.jpg

Other Tankmates: Larger Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: This fish sometimes is confused with the blue Gourami, AKA three spot Gourami. This fish is a bubblenest builder.

Gold Gourami

pic_labyrinth_5_232_280.jpg

Size: 5-6 inches
Other Tankmates: Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: This fish is the albino morph, of the opaline gourami. This fish is a peaceful, fish. It may be aggresive and harrass other fish. This is a bubblenest builder.

Moonlight Gourami

01%20gourami_moonlight.jpg

Other Tankmates: Livebearers, Danios, Rainbowfish, Barbs, some more passive Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: This fish was just introduced to the world, but with its popularity this fish is now common, This fish is suitable for a community tank. Its very peaceful and looks beatiful in dark tank. This fish is also known as the Cheerful Fish.

Sparkling Gourami

Sparklingclose.jpg

Size: 1-2 inches
Remark: This fish is so small but with a beatiful coloration, its consider a tiny rainbow.

Croaking Gourami

tri-vit.jpg

Remark: People confused this gourami, withthe sparkling gourami. But Its obivious that the croaking is a little bit less coloring. This fish does make a croaking sound.

Kissing Gourami

gourami,%20kissing%203.jpg

Size: 3-10 inches
Tank Size: 40-50 gallons
Remark: This fish is un-predictable, Some are highly aggresive others like mine, are very peaceful. This fish is one of the hardest fish to sex. The kissing action is two males fighting over territory.

Green Kissing Gourami

01%20gourami_kissing_green2.jpg

Size: 3-10 inches
Tank Size: 40-50 gallons
Remark: This fish is un-predictable, Some are highly aggresive others like mine, are very peaceful. This fish is one of the hardest fish to sex. The kissing action is two males fighting over territory.

Giant Gourami

GiantGourWFA1_U30.jpg

Size: 12-26 inches
Tank Size: 200-300 gallons
Other Tankmates: Large Cichlids, Loaches, Plecos, and Scavenger Catfish
Remark: This fish is a Hard fish to keep it grows extremly fast. They may grow to 2 feet long and weight up to 12 pounds. Not a begginer fish.

Licorice Gourami

anjunganensis.jpg

Size: 1-2 inches
Remark: Not much info on this fish. But this gourami has to be one of the most beatiful fish. Its color its calming and cool. This fish is a nice addition to any tank.

Dwarf Honey Gourami

cinnimongourami-jonsbear.jpg

Remark: I know I should have put this with the dwarfs but I dindt. But anyways this fish coloration is beatiful. Gold and black reminds me of a gang.

Snakeskin Gourami

snakeskin_gourami.jpg

Size: 7-8 inches
Tank Size: 30-40
Remark: This fish is a very sporty fish, since people like fishing them. This fish might get aggresive with other gouramis and other fish.

Combtail Gourami

p_89815.jpg

Remark: Im sorry but the only picture I could get was this one, This fish is not that popular in the U.S. But in other countries its kept as a respected fish.

Paradise Gourami

paradis1.jpg

Temper: Aggresive
Remark: Some people confused this fish with a Betta AkA Simease Fighting Fish. This fish lives in cold water and in tropical, Its consider very aggresive with other fish and gouramis. Its colors are very beatiful.

Spiketail Gourami

fishphoto_0155_01.jpg

Size: 3-4 inches
Remark: This fish is known as a swordtail gourami, Or a spiketail Paradisefish Its tail is beatifully spike.

Well this all I can write this took me 3 hours to do, So please use it. if mods or admins see this please PIN this topic. It might be helpful to newbies. I wrote all this words, but those pics are not mine. Thank You From ur Gourami Lover 8)

I would like to thank all y sources from the pics, And I got my info from a fish handbook.

Just have to say, in case newbies are reading this, most gouramis have to be very carefully chosen for a tank. Larger ones can be very aggressive, along with dwarfs who often cannot be kept with others of their kind in smaller tanks.

Chocolate gouramis and licorice gouramis are extremely sensitive fish who should NOT be kept with other fish. They need a species tank that is very carefully controlled in terms of pH, hardness, etc. If they are kept in a community tank they will not survive long. :no:

umm when u say livebearers does that alse meen guppys? :dunno:

well depends guppys are small, and with those tails, FOOD. So I dont suggest u keep dwarfs or honeys wth guppys, But u could try mollies, I know some people have had guppys and dwarfs togethere but right there it must be lucky. Guppys should be placed with smaller animals like him. Mollies,Platys,other guppys.

Hi sky042

Well Im defitnetly sure that a Dwarf Flame Gourami, They got the same requirements as the Neons. :nod:

Thanks Everybody :)

55gallondude said:
well depends guppys are small, and with those tails, FOOD. So I dont suggest u keep dwarfs or honeys wth guppys, But u could try mollies, I know some people have had guppys and dwarfs togethere but right there it must be lucky. Thanks Everybody :)
I keep dwarfs with guppys and they are fine. Should I take the gourami out?

Annastasia said:
55gallondude said:
well depends guppys are small, and with those tails, FOOD. So I dont suggest u keep dwarfs or honeys wth guppys, But u could try mollies, I know some people have had guppys and dwarfs togethere but right there it must be lucky. Thanks Everybody :)
Well if u dont see nipping I dont see why............ :)

You missed a few species though 55... but it's a good list :D

Auratus said:
You missed a few species though 55... but it's a good list :D
I know but I dindt get that much info on them and not a lot of good pics

If u got a gourami that wasnt listed here PM, :)

55gallondude said:
Annastasia said:
55gallondude said:
Well if u dont see nipping I dont see why............ :)
I don't see nipping.
So, I guess he will stay, unless I see a change.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back