Liquid Fert?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

CBBP

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I had dry ferts and I have been keeping up with my IE dosing schedule but it is so annoying.. so now that my supply is low.. I want a liquid..

what is a good plant fertalizer? I need a one dose, doses all, and a large supply. I have 171 gallons of water to dose divided between my 4 tanks.

recommended liquid fertilizers are: Seachem Flourish, Kent Botanic Grow, API Leaf Zone, Waterlife Tropiflora and Tropica Master Grow. (from the EI article.)

i think most liquid fertilizers are ok, you'll just have to check the elements/chemicals/ingredients.

recommended liquid fertilizers are: Seachem Flourish, Kent Botanic Grow, API Leaf Zone, Waterlife Tropiflora and Tropica Master Grow. (from the EI article.)

i think most liquid fertilizers are ok, you'll just have to check the elements/chemicals/ingredients.
Seachem products have never let me down.. I would just need one of these right? not several different kinds?

I mean it looks like I would need one of each of these form this page...

http://www.gregwatson.com/SeachemFertilizers.asp

I would personally recommend TMG, it is easy to buy and i have heard great things about it! I am using it in my current aquascape!

By the way, its rebranded now, plant nutrition liquid

Chris

Trouble is liquid ferts are massively expensive compared to dry ferts as you're paying for water.

That said the Tropica one Chris suggested is supposed to the best on the market so perhaps give that a try? You can now get it from aquaessentials if you're in the UK.

Sam

Trouble is liquid ferts are massively expensive compared to dry ferts as you're paying for water.

That said the Tropica one Chris suggested is supposed to the best on the market so perhaps give that a try? You can now get it from aquaessentials if you're in the UK.

Sam
:/ yeah. but I still done really understand how I Im dissolve it in to water myself.. I mean.. I do it.,. but I have no idea if it is right.. plus my 2 liter bottels of it are hard to measure. awhat bottles do you guys use? and what exactly does this calculator thing mean? :S

I have the calculator.. but I need a tutorial haah.

Sam
:/ yeah. but I still done really understand how I Im dissolve it in to water myself.. I mean.. I do it.,. but I have no idea if it is right.. plus my 2 liter bottels of it are hard to measure. awhat bottles do you guys use? and what exactly does this calculator thing mean? :S

I have the calculator.. but I need a tutorial haah.

I mean currently this is what I do.. every other day.. is this wrong? and what ferts am I missing? I know I forgot to order some.

Potassium NitrAte (KN03) - 50 gallons = 50ml for 5ppm
1.50 teaspoons + 250 ml
12 teaspoons + 2 liters

Potassium Sulfate (K2S04) - 50 gallons = 64ml for 20ppm
1 teaspoons + 50ml
40 teaspoons + 2 liters

Get some Tropica Master Grow. I've been using it on and off for years now. As Chris said, it's been re-bradned Tropica Plant Nutriion. If you want a do it all liquid, they've added Plant Nutrition Plus, which also adds N and P to the original formulation, which contains K and Mg already. I dose ~1 ml/10 litres a day (which is contrary to the instructions). I find this works very well.

Cheers,
Nick

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back