Liquid co2

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Increase the blue portion of light. Plants need equal amounts of red and blue light.

Increase the duration of light. Have the timer come on a few hours earlier and go off at the same time as it normally does. Plants can have up to 16 hours of light per day but need 8 hours of rest.
I should mention, the reason for the low blue was ( I was told) my BHA... I never want to see
Increase the blue portion of light. Plants need equal amounts of red and blue light.

Increase the duration of light. Have the timer come on a few hours earlier and go off at the same time as it normally does. Plants can have up to 16 hours of light per day but need 8 hours of rest.
I've lowered the blue spec because before I bought the light 3-4 yrs ago, no algae was present, 3months later my tank was over-run with BHA: over plants, rocks even covered most of the gravel.
I binned the lot. The lfs said the blue light was to blame and not really suitable for a trop tank, I'll increase it another 20% and and another hr to the start ?

Alll plants need CO2 to grow. Including Anacharis. However Anacharis is classified by biologist as a C4 plant. C4 plants can do very well with very low levels of CO2 in the water. Most other plants are C3 and need higher levels of CO2 to do well
Sorry, I missed a word out :blush:

When I wrote "Elodea, or egeria. Americans call it anacharis. That doesn't need CO2." I meant to write "Elodea, or egeria. Americans call it anacharis. That doesn't need added CO2."
:unsure:

Black hair algae comes into a tank via spores in contaminated water or on plants. It grows under any light and is hard to get rid of when it's in a tank.

Black hair algae comes into a tank via spores in contaminated water or on plants. It grows under any light and is hard to get rid of when it's in
My light settings are altered now, not put any co2 in.
Thanks for all the feedback, I appreciate it

*UPDATE* hello again.
I thought I'd tell you about my progress. I rid of the Anacaris, bought Ludwigia 2 days after initial post and amazon swords last week.
My lights are on for 9hrs.. a steady flow of bubbles 24hrs, 2ml of liquid a day or 2 after WC ( I've got it so might aswel use it).
My anubias and Java Fern has shot up

Attachments

• 20210324_121701.jpg
    20210324_121701.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 42

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back