Links to instagram facebook and youtube allowed ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DoubleDutch

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Frequently I see awesome footage on social media (Not a FB member btw)

Is it allowed and if yes is it an idea to start a special thread?

Like this one :

I've had the Rules pointed out to me.

YouTube Rules
Links to YouTube videos are permitted as long as they pertain to the topic.
Just-for-fun or non-fish related videos should be posted in the General Chat forum.

All other forum rules apply to video links. Videos which are false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually suggestive, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law are prohibited.
Commercial advertising videos are prohibited.
Posts made for the purpose of urging fellow members to subscribe to one's YouTube channel will be deleted.

A fish related video which is your own can be posted in the Photos & Videos forum, that's what this forum is for.
A fish related video which is just something you've found can be posted as part of an answer in a thread.
Non-fish videos should be posted in General Chat.

I think that means starting a new thread just to link to someone else's fish video is not allowed. But if the video demonstrates a point in a thread, it is allowed.

And members are not permitted to ask for subscriptions to their YouTube channels.

My idea was to share awesome fish vids shown on instagram, youtube etc...

But I think I'd better keep them to myself and spare me the hassle..

It depends on the forum's rules, but generally, sharing links to social media profiles like Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube is allowed as long as it's relevant to the discussion.
Links to other rival forums are not allowed, so if the link is to a Facebook fish keeping group it is not allowed as that is considered giving a link to a rival forum. You can mention things found in a Facebook group but not name the group, just 'someone in a Facebook group said this...' or something like that.
I don't use Instagram so I have no idea if that has groups like Facebook. If it does, no links allowed.

For YouTube, your own videos can be posted in the Photos and Videos forum, as long as you don't ask for subscriptions - that is against the rules. Videos not your own can be linked to as long as it is part of reply and relevant to the subject of the thread.
But just using the forum to post your own videos and not taking part in any fish related threads is strongly discouraged.

The idea of creating a special thread to share awesome social media footage about our aquatic friends sounds fantastic. It would be a great way to consolidate all that valuable content in one place, and I'm sure the community here would really appreciate it.

The forum policy is -
Links to your own YouTube videos is allowed in the Photos and Videos forum.
Links to a YouTube video is allowed in a reply in a thread if it pertains to the context of the thread.

The forum is not a social media site for the posting of random videos found on other sites.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back