Lily Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
morning all......

ok so i bought this lily on eblag (Nymphaea Rubra Bulb ) as i liked the look of them in planted tanks, put it in and away it went, really mad fast growing once the shoot peeked through the substrate, pics here then question....

question is, can i stop them growing to to top of the water? stupid i know but all the pics i see there always sorta half way up, can i just cut the stalks and they regrow? i dont really want a load of stalks as the full on frontal view and all the leaves on top of the water.

cheers
riffraff

ps, i went to put this in the planted section and it hasnt got the option to add pics like here?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 39
Um, it's kind of a lily, so it will always float to the top or die trying. Your tank looks nice even with the stalks though.

Um, it's kind of a lily, so it will always float to the top or die trying. Your tank looks nice even with the stalks though.

+1 gives it a cool kinda jungle look and probably even more so when it grows more stalks.

Those pictures you have seen are taken at the opportune moment when the plant looks it's nicest, however as has been stated, that lily's aim in life is to get to the surface! Just keep cutting back the stems that reach the top if you don't like them. Lots of fish find some surface cover comforting and because of this they probably help the fish feel more comfortable

If you want something that will give the underwater lily look, try Brazilian Pennywort :good:

If you want something that will give the underwater lily look, try Brazilian Pennywort

you sir are a genius, thank you

riffraff

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back