LIGHTS.......

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
thanks for the help, actually its 4 WPG ( i already knew the WPG rule but thanks for reminding me) i have a 10 gallon planted, my 20 gall has no real plants in it...... these lights are for my 10 gallon.....

thanks for the info it really did help, now im feeling confident once again!

Sorry I was unclear. Yes 40 watts of 6500 K in 10 usg=4 watts of 6500 K per U.S. gallon.

That should make you happy :kana:

The nitrites should be looked into. I know nothing except make a partial water change, check filters, bio wheels, get some good bacteria, use some AmQuel+, go to emergency, put a seasoned bio wheel in or anything from an established tank. They all have good bacteria on them and will seed your tank with more good bacteria. But both your tanks with fish are spiking, right?

My LFS has live bacteria for sale. Does yours?

On the bright side, excellent pics of a nice assortment of plants. I have some of some of those. :nod:

Thanks for checking in nodding_dino We are keeping this thread at the top with novice talk :whistle: :*)

yes yes we are, i can alreadey tell the plants have grown, and it has only been like 12 hours....! the microsword has already reached out to the ornamaent!!

:hooray: :cool:

Well novices need to exchange their trials and errors too, Although we may be in the wrong forum :dunno: :alien: still a novice. :D

hehehe yes.........i wonder if they are getting mad at us for just chatting....... heck this thread should be gone, so we can continue our chat in my journal.........do you have a thread for your self there jolly ??

aquatic-Bizkut said:
well they are compact florescent lights, they screw in, my hood has a screw in female part and these would most likely fit ... its just a question on over heatting, catching fire, exploding, or it not working, or it being tooooo many watts.....just asking advice before i blow up my hood ;)

and the blue bulbs are for the freshwater, just decoration, they are ugly as sin though...... and they give no growth on them just like all the other lights i have... they just give heat and exposure

i have a mix of low lighted plants and medium (the micro sword is all im conserned about).....
[snapback]865322[/snapback]​

I had 2 27 watt compact flourescent lights over a 10 gallon tank like that; the plants did really well. If you have the wal-mart 10 gallon kit then take out the crappy metal reflector and spraypaint the inside of the canopy white.

hmmm i dont know where the hood came from (got it free from a co-worker) and would the paint work better then metal???

is it ok if i join in ? its the reflector thingie again ! white paint works good but specialty reflectors like the arcadia ones are still better :)

but i think i saw a site before where a guy used a light intensity measuring device thingie ?!!? (?) anyways the light output increase of a white canopy from a reflector canopy isnt at all that big buut using white paint or reflectors do help a lot compared to using none, you can also look into mylar

hope this helps ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back