Lights for under hood

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

metropolis93fan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got a five gallon with a hood for a cheap five bucks. I need a lid because the water dehydrates so quickly in my apartment and I need to avoid as much water carrying as possible. (I won't be doing this until I find out I'm a candidate for surgery... find out tomorrow... and have it if so... Praying things get better... but still want to limit carrying water if possible). The hood comes with a tiny little thing of lights that most people reviewing it say lasted them about 3 months... and no blue lights for plants. (I don't plan to heavily plant the tank, but it will still HAVE live plants). What can I put under that hood preferably that can be adjusted for brightness and have a timer. Everything I'm seeing is on a rack that sits on top of the tank... is a clamp (I have a favorite clamp... I have glass lids on my other tanks but trying to avoid having to buy one (and no way to make my own.) I've also seen underwater lights.... would those overheat if attached to the hood? Please suggest anything! Thanks!

I personally haven’t been able to find any lights that go under a lid. You could get a small clip on and make your own plastic lid so you can keep in the moisture but the light can still shine through. Hope you get better!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back