Lightning Storm

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

triteepleb

Reaction score
So I did a 17% water change in my 20gal and suddenly my male German Blue Ram is insane. Hes swimming in circles all around the tank really agitated. He even took a bite out of my 6" plecco hiding in his cave many times his size whom he normally leaves alone. His girlfriend a fellow German Blue is acting normally and tries to follow him since they normally swim togeather, all my other fish are swimming normally. He was fine before the change so I assume it may be related.

My water parameters are pristine PH 7, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10, Ammonia 0. The water change was 3.4gal at close to tank temps and was treated with a Chlorine remover and left to sit for a few minutes just like I normally do. Water is changed this much at least every 2 days if not every other day.

There is a huge thunderstorm here that just started however and I read that fish have a sixth sense for weather. I turned out the lights in an attempt to tell him to calm'er down for the evening but we'll see what things look like in the morning.

Anyone else encounter this?

It could have been the change in barometric pressure plus the water change that freaked him out, in some species it can trigger spawning

So 24 hours later and this little guy is still swimming sporadic circles around the tank. He swims until he hits the sides then continues on an almost perfect routine with only slight variation. Even when my plecco came out for the evening right in his route he bumps off the side of the giant plecco until he continues around the tank, over, and over, and over.... 

Reading around the internet makes me start to worry it may be a parasite. The other German Blue Female and other fish and totally fine. Water parameters are still normal. I've not done a water change since last night. I put some flakes in at feeding time and all the other fish ate but him.

I've had this fish for about three weeks in which he was totally fine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back