Lighting???????

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can't remember why I stopped looking at Halogens... I think it was a heat or spectrum issue... or both... There must have been a good reason :)

The CF of course are very popular for smaller tanks I would find a source of bulbs 50/50 if you are just using one and make sure it would fit into that housing.

GL want to know how things look I am still in the research stage for smaller tanks as well

I went strait to t5 MH debate with the larger tank.

Nige,

These would be no good unless you can find different bulbs/tubes.

The 20w G4 bulb in the first one is usually 2,850°K and the PL 11 energy saving lamps in the second one are 2,700ºK both of which would be considered very warm white.

Daylight tubes are normally 6,700ºK and marine white tubes are 7,500ºK upwards. A blue actinic tube would be from 10,000ºK to 20,000ºK

HTH, Eddie

I am on the wrong PC now to give you a link, but there is a new light that home depot is supposed to be carrying.

It is a flood that is a compact flourescent. It is 67 watts I believe with the lumens of s 500 watt bulb. The spectrum is 6500k which is supposed to be the best for growth, but not viewing. They are priced at 40 bucks from what I understand. One of these babies with an actinic supplement out to be good. I gotta try em!!!

GL

I got those linked in hw I think...

my next purchace as well.

Hmm I think I should move into GL basment to share resources :p

Aha!!! You were the one that had ot linked!.. :lol:

Knew I saw it somewhere. thought it was on my local reefers forum....my bad

GL

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back