Lido 120 Again! Little Different Now

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kylealastairlove

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hey guys :)
its been a while since I uploaded any pics due to not having a good camera :( but yeah an opportunity came up and It was too good to miss my sister went out!! so I "borrowed" her camera, (she goes mad if I touch her camera lol!) so yeah I thought id get a few pics :) hehe

full tank shot, as you can see, hygrophilia difformis and there is a couple of bunches of java fern I just put in attached to a couple of pieces of Sumatra wood there is also a few bits of cryptocoryne balansae in the back, I really like this plant but its taking a while to grow for me but patience is the answer to that :) ha I want to fill the whole of open part at the back with crypt balansae :) and am looking for a couple of other plants too,mainly something to attach or put behind the bigger piece of wood in the right corner, give me some suggestions people :)

ae451d76-7860-4b89-9ef9-5fe5efcfeae0_zps69d89006.jpg

my lovely Dwarf Gourami

dwarfgourami_zps82a15ee5.jpg

leaf litter pebbles rocks twigs and stuff, (was trying to add little bit of detail to the tank whether it worked or not Im not sure :p)

leaflitterpebblesandtwigs_zpsc389f67a.jpg

let me know what you think and what plants you would add because I feel it needs some more but im adding them slowly so I can make a good decision on what will look right in there other than just throwing random plants in like I have done in the past

in this tank there are 12 t.heteromorpha
colisa lalia  
5hara jerdoni that I barely see, but they are awesome little creatures :D
also a couple of surviving guppy fry that I am temporarily looking after for my dad

I intended to house kuhli loaches in my tank hence all the leaf litter (trying to create as many places to hide and grub around in for them as possible) :)

I really like the look of that!

Plant wise to attach to the wood, you could try some Java Moss or Anubais. I think the moss would be better based on what you already have.

thanks very much :) yes I was thinking of some java moss infact that and bolbitis heuadalotii are what spring to mind right now thinking of what plants to use :)

I have now taken in 2 rainbow variatus female platys, I really like them :D, im kinda worried I will be over stocking but I took them from my dad cus his tank was being over run with baby fish and he would of flushed them, couldn't let that happen the thought of it actually kinda upset me which Is funny because I didn't ever think in my lifetime I would ever get attached to a fish :p  

hara jerdoni, Asian stone catfish
the best pic I've managed to get of one of these so far, as they rarely pop out from within all the leaf litter :) its always a treat when they all come out though :D

101_6570_zps6075681b.jpg

You're sister is going to catch you with her camera soon!

Lovely set up looks great :D

haha never!!! ;) I wait until she has gone to school -insert evil laugh here-

thankyou very much, its getting there I guess :)

kylealastairlove said:
I have now taken in 2 rainbow variatus female platys, I really like them
biggrin.png
, im kinda worried I will be over stocking but I took them from my dad cus his tank was being over run with baby fish and he would of flushed them, couldn't let that happen the thought of it actually kinda upset me which Is funny because I didn't ever think in my lifetime I would ever get attached to a fish
tongue2.gif
Good on you for saving them.  I know it was not your intention, but fish should not be "flushed" as it is a slow lingering death (apparently) and also there is a risk of contaminating our drinking water!  If they are not wanted by your Dad they can usually be given to your LFS.

The Kuhlis will love rummaging around in this tank, are you going to get Javas too?  I find my Javas more entertaining and I see them more ...
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif
fish.gif

yes I know I didn't want them to go that way, had no clove oil to put them to sleep so he said he will have to flush them, didn't want him too so I took them I very much like them now though :) although my grumpy gourami seems to like pestering them at the minute :/

hmm I hadn't thought about java loaches, I will do a little more research on them :) as I don't know an awful lot about them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back