Lfs Hates Me!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bmcelfresh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am a member on a local site in my area. Something simular to this one, but from what I have seen is fairly new, and only reaches people in my area.

This lfs is a sponsor of the site. One of the forums was to give your views of the LSF in the area. I made my comment, which was not bad, just that the people answering the phone did not have a clue what they were talking about (not in those words. actually nicer). I received nothing but "hate mail" until the moderator locked the post. All of it was from the staff at this store. What made it worse is that I have been keeping tanks longer than most of them have been alive!

I like the site because it's local. Suggestions on how to handle this?

I am a member on a local site in my area. Something simular to this one, but from what I have seen is fairly new, and only reaches people in my area.

If it's on the Internet, it's all over the planet.

This lfs is a sponsor of the site. One of the forums was to give your views of the LSF in the area. I made my comment, which was not bad, just that the people answering the phone did not have a clue what they were talking about (not in those words. actually nicer). I received nothing but "hate mail" until the moderator locked the post. All of it was from the staff at this store. What made it worse is that I have been keeping tanks longer than most of them have been alive!

When you gave them the low rating, did you provide full examples as to why? Sorry you received the hate mail, this is why one should keep their e-mail private.

I like the site because it's local. Suggestions on how to handle this?

Stop visiting the site if you're bothered, and refrain from giving the lfs any more of your cash.

Yes, I was very specific in the post. I was told when I bought a fish they would take it back on trade if it got too big or aggressive. I had the fish for several years. I called the LFS several weeks in a row and was promptly told by the young lady answering the phone to hold and then she came back and said "we don't have room" and she hung up the phone.

I have never traded a fish in my life. I just keep buying more tanks or find a "fish" friend that is willing to take them. I have had tanks in excess of 20 years.

I just think that when they have a whole forum set up to say something about your LFS... it's kind of crazy if you don't have something GREAT to say about them they are on you like "white on rice". I also made this point to the moderator... aren't the post to be about your experiences?

There nothing wrong in speaking your mind, I do, and if they don't like what you have to say its there problem not yours.

I wouldn't let it bother you they don't sound very mature.
Every business needs feedback good or bad, and if bad then they can change things for the better.

Yes, I was very specific in the post. I was told when I bought a fish they would take it back on trade if it got too big or aggressive. I had the fish for several years. I called the LFS several weeks in a row and was promptly told by the young lady answering the phone to hold and then she came back and said "we don't have room" and she hung up the phone.

Well, I wouldn't let one bad apple spoil the entire bunch. If you've had good experience with them in the past, I wouldn't let a failed re-homing kill the relationship.

I live in a city with a population of half a million people, including the suburbs. There are a lot of lfs here. But there is only one...just one...that I do business with. They are the only lfs where the empoyees, not just the owner, know a lot about fish. In your situation, perhaps searching for better might be the ticket, but in all honesty, I really don't see the example you've shown proves they are unworthy of a bad rap. They indeed may not have had room. Do they keep clean stock? Are they up to date? Do they know the fish they are selling? Have you witnessed them in "PetSmart fasion" give bad advice to a noob?

Try to put things into perspective. Perhaps next time, asking for the owner might provide more equitable results between you and that particular establishment.

Regards.

bad feedback is what every business needs so they are aware of the problems that need to be sorted.so dont let it get you down.
my business is totally internet based and my customers have helped me build a good website from negative but constructive feedback. its usual comments on my spelling mind lol
thats business :good:

Wow.. that's extremely immature of anyone to do. Hate mail for crying out loud? Geeze....

I would make it known to the other members what happened... Im sure losing just your business will not hurt them too bad but losing multiple customers will mean something.

There's a LFS in my area that I wont shop from anymore. I didnt like their selection to begin with and then after frequenting and purchasing from them often, the owner started accusing me of stealing small things from them and he wouldnt leave me alone in the store. Their was one situation where he was helping another customer and I was looking at their planted show tank (Which is quite nice although overstocked) and just so happened to be looking at my phone to see what time it was. He asked to see my phone and accused me of taking pictures of his tank... Which I can understand him not wanting pictures of his tank all over the net but come on. I haven't shopped their since, and with 3 others to choose from on my side of town I wont ever go back.

Was the owner of the shop one of the "hatemailers"? If not, I would let him/her know what their employees have been up to. When you say "hate mail" was it really hateful and offensive? Or simply defensive? If i was a business owner, I would be disturbed and displeased, to say the least to think that my employees had been publicly rude and offensive to a long-time customer ( or even a first-time one) - and that they had behaved like this in a way that might reasonably make people think that it was with my blessing.

Of course, if the owner was one of the posters, then simply take your business and money elsewhere. While you're at it, take some satisfaction in knowing that reading the altercation was almost certainly deeply off-putting for any potential customers who happened to see it (whether or not the owner knew squat about it) . Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.....

I agree with everyone else ... if everyone else on that forum doesn't know what happened let them know and let them judge for themselves

They seem to forget that the customer is always right.

Lol :lol:

Not always necessarily true ;)

Personally I would print off the messages you were sent and confront the owner of the shop about it, to see if he knows what his staff are up to.

The point is that you WEREN'T having a dig at their fish knowledge - just one individuals attitude on the phone! They can't disagree with that!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back