Let's See All Those Flowerhorns!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yeah my old ZZ used to be noticeably bigger weekly especially the kok on his head. I miss that fish now wish I never sold it :sad:

Yeah my old ZZ used to be noticeably bigger weekly especially the kok on his head. I miss that fish now wish I never sold it :sad:
I know what you mean, I wouldn't be without my FH now. So much fun to watch and it's great how they interact with you even at such a young age.

Get another one, you know you want to :)

Yeah I miss the way it used to swim around all excited when I approached the tank kinda like a puppy :hyper: Plus it was a gorgeous fish. If u go on AC and type in Isle of Wight there is my old ad with a couple of pictures of it on there. Looks like im gunna have to get rid of some snakeheads to make some room for one. Really liking your blue thai silk db where did you get it from?

Yeah I miss the way it used to swim around all excited when I approached the tank kinda like a puppy :hyper: Plus it was a gorgeous fish. If u go on AC and type in Isle of Wight there is my old ad with a couple of pictures of it on there. Looks like im gunna have to get rid of some snakeheads to make some room for one. Really liking your blue thai silk db where did you get it from?
Yeah mine does that but usually so i feed him lol. I will have a look :) I got mine from Trimar. They are based in Cornwall. Had him mail ordered. Was £32.95 (£20 for the fish and £12.95 delivery)

Never even seen a Thai Silk anywhere near around my area. All the ones iv seen around me are blue diamonds, red dragons and red pearls. They have all been 6 inches+ and £45+ but I wanted 1 as small as possible. Plus there are a few people around by me with red dragon FH's and pearls so I wanted something a bit different

Problem I have is no online fish shops will ship to where I live. So it's just a case of constantly checking around the LFS's until I can find something I want. It's a real pain

Problem I have is no online fish shops will ship to where I live. So it's just a case of constantly checking around the LFS's until I can find something I want. It's a real pain
Yeah that must be frustrating. Can any of your LFS order you 1 in? Might be worth asking

They might be able to. But i'd have to pay for it first and I doubt very much that they would get me the actual FH I wanted. And they would probably ask for silly #28### money

Well im not sure but I wouldn't trust them to get a specific one

Nice Flowerhorn's cool fade with the red and green.

lol i think its funny when people say fish eating fish is cruel. especially if they are hybrid or bred in and aquarium. lets look at the wild lol pike eats a perch WOW thats cruel!!! lmao...

Yip, I'll start the argument :lol:. In the wild a "feeder" fish has room to run away if it's healthy enough. What would your chances be locked together with a bear in a closet?

I do and don't think feeding "feeder fish" to larger predatory fish is "cruel". Sometimes the only choice you have is to offer feeder fish as the fish may have previously been brought up on live food.

This doesn't mean it's right or it should be done. The sooner you can get a fish off live food the better. For a a start live fish don't offer the nutrition larger fish need so they are basically doing nothing for them. Secondly the live fish you give may be carrying a disease and could pass it on. Getting larger fish off live can be hard to do but eventually it will take pellets, bloodworm and so on :good:

He is awesome!!! the guying selling him asked me to trade him for a SRD that i was selling a while back but i had to say no kinda gutted i didnt now lol he has a massive KOK on him!! great pick up!! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back