Lets Get Cheap!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I got all my large rocks from a local resturant! Little island in the parking lot, which have trees in them, also have large rocks. Every time we go there, I take 1 or 2 new rocks.

I got all my large rocks from a local resturant! Little island in the parking lot, which have trees in them, also have large rocks. Every time we go there, I take 1 or 2 new rocks.

keep and eye on your service charges, any sudden rise and you know, that they know, what you have been up to :lol:

i just posted this pic in the NWC forum, but i just installed a moonlight on my tank that costs $10. A lot cheaper than using aquarium specific ones.
0906082127.jpg

its an 18 food LED strip light that i folded back and forth a few times on top of the tank. it gives a nice, subtle glow inside the tank.

a good cave i use is a coconut!!

looks really natural, had my dad cut an end off and then i carved all the coconut flesh out of the shell..

the fish love it and my plecs ate the fur from the outside of the shell........ plus u get some coconut and coconut milk

all for about £1

oh, i wondered what to do with the fluffy bit,didnt fancy buying a sander just for a cave, so ill give that a go, as they look really nice :)

The other thing you can do with the coconut cave is add some java moss before it goes into the tank. Once it gets well anchored, it will look a lot better than just a plain Jane shell.

If you don't need function of the draws you could strengthen them with 2x2 in each corner and strut between. but doors on the front instead. the base is likely to be thick and strong if not replace with something a bit more.

Its a cheap option.

Personally my 500l is on a proper stand and i have worked out the weight of one full with stand is best part of 3/4 ton......

PRICE SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE THEY ARE LIVING LIVES U NO
:rolleyes:
:blink:

We all know that price isn't an issue when it comes to caring for fish; nobody should keep fish if they can't afford it. however, since we have already spent an arm and a leg taking care of them, why not save a little money wherever you can? it's not like we are trying to produce our own meds or heaters which could both go terribly wrong. this stuff is harmless if you do it right, and in most cases doing things creatively will better suit each individual's needs.
besides, mr. moneybags, why are you looking at this thread?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back