Let the silent cycle commence!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
So? Can I put them in my 55g today? And get the next 3 (or 6 if it is safe) fish tomorrow?
@Colin_T, @itiwhetu, @Fishmanic, @Bruce Leyland-Jones, @Myraan ,@xxBarneyxx @Attenbruh
I just tagged a bunch of people here coz no one seems to be answering my questions.😅
I'd say yes...monitor the water levels after 6-12 hours, though and prepare to do a water change if anything bad happens.
(I don't think it will ;) )

Do you plan on quarantining any new fish, or are you going to add them straight into the tank with the Rummy Nose?

I'd say yes...monitor the water levels after 6-12 hours, though and prepare to do a water change if anything bad happens.
(I don't think it will ;) )

Do you plan on quarantining any new fish, or are you going to add them straight into the tank with the Rummy Nose?
Should I get 3 or 6 fish? I will definitely quarantine any new fish, if they have ich or anything similar.

Should I get 3 or 6 fish? I will definitely quarantine any new fish, if they have ich or anything similar.
What fish are we talking about and will the QT handle the load?
(Six at one go will probably be fine).

The thing with stuff like ich is it might not show until the fish have been in quarantine for a while.
(Note I created a thread about the duration of quarantine).

To date none of the fish in my two tanks were quarantined, because after lengthy discussions with my fish shops, I was happy enough with their own quarantine systems and took a risk in trusting them.
So far, that trust has not been misplaced.

On the other hand, when I receive fish from a relatively unknown source, I'll be putting them into a QT for at least 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Ok. So 3 or 6 fish? Should I go for the usual 3? I know safer but if it is just as safe to add 6?
Personally, I'd go for the six.
I added my Black Neons and Glowlight Tetra in batches of six, with no problem...though my tank was very well planted and the plants were growing well.
I also did repeated testing.

Ok well the water cut didn't really end. We just got some water overnight but now it's less. But I will move my tetras to the 55g anyway. My mum wants to get my new fish today and I have plants and seachem prime on hand if anything happens. My mum wants to get the fish this evening is it ok? Or should I tell her wait until the water cut ends?
Btw my brine shrimp should hatch at 4pm today.

Ok well the water cut didn't really end. We just got some water overnight but now it's less. But I will move my tetras to the 55g anyway. My mum wants to get my new fish today and I have plants and seachem prime on hand if anything happens. My mum wants to get the fish this evening is it ok? Or should I tell her wait until the water cut ends?
Btw my brine shrimp should hatch at 4pm today.
YOU now have The Knowledge, whereas your Mum doesn't.
Let her know about the qualities of patience that you're trying so hard to cultivate and that you're serious about taking on responsibility for other living things.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back