leopard danios

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish48

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
A simple method for spawning danios I put these two together last night hope to see eggs today or tomorrow IMG_2980 (640x419).jpgIMG_3017 (640x480).jpgIMG_3004 (640x449).jpg

Nice! Good luck :)

What photography equipment and setup do you have to take clear photos of your danios? A blurry fish is best result with my current capability.
That is a cool spawning setup! Good luck with your fry and would love to see some updates. Used to have a dozen leopards about 10 years ago. Very beautiful fish, could watch them for hours. Just got back into them but could only find two after 7 months of looking. The rest are a mix of longfin leo, zebra, glo variants. Hope to get different variants from the fry

What photography equipment and setup do you have to take clear photos of your danios? A blurry fish is best result with my current capability.
That is a cool spawning setup! Good luck with your fry and would love to see some updates. Used to have a dozen leopards about 10 years ago. Very beautiful fish, could watch them for hours. Just got back into them but could only find two after 7 months of looking. The rest are a mix of longfin leo, zebra, glo variants. Hope to get different variants from the fry
it's difficult to get pictures of danios the best way to take a photograph is to put them in a very small tank

Out of 700 + eggs from danio between 200 and 240 eggs should start to hatch within 3 or 4 days

All of the eggs have hatched, the very tiny fry are starting to swim from the bottom and Cling to the sides of the walls where they will stay for a few more days
IMG_3769 (640x425).jpg

first couple of days feed the fry on boiled egg yolk then vinegar eels and very fine powdered fish food
danio fry spend much of their time near the surface of the water so a good first live food are vinegar eels in fact
they are a very tiny species of nematode worm that swim like eels at the surface of the water also making it easy for the tiny danio fry to find them

IMG_4755 (640x480).jpg
today some of the fry feeding on powdered food

Do you feed them for a spell on brine shrimp or go directly to powdered food? I did later with Zebra Danios most of time but had faster growth with the brine shrimp.

Are the daphnia live or freeze dried? I am trying to push a coldwater daphnia culture to feed Pirate Perch.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back