Lemon acid to kill blue green, green spot and thread algae?..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This in Russian vid swears it works 1200 ml of water to 14 grams of powder.
I have no idea if it works,I've never tried it..just thought some looking for natural ways might try it.
I found a second vid by another Russian who appears to go by Uncle somebody,but he seems to be a scientist aquarist and he too says Lemon acid kills all algae...tomorrow I can link if this gets any interest!

Last edited:
This in Russian vid swears it works 1200 ml of water to 14 grams of powder.
I have no idea if it works,I've never tried it..just thought some looking for natural ways might try it.
I found a second vid by another Russian who appears to go by Uncle somebody,but he seems to be a scientist aquarist and he too says Lemon acid kills all algae...tomorrow I can link if this gets any interest!
Might kill algae might kill your plant or fish. Im not sure i want citric acid in my fish tank.

You remove the plants..and dunk them in the mix. I hear you,one commenter said it would also kill the plants,but others swore that it worked. One thing that sounded good was it would remove green spot algae off of Anubias leaves. Those thick leafed plants even survived my Hydrogen Peroxide use that melted so many other plants slowly,but surely.

It would be nice if it works and doesn't do harm, I think I would wait until there is more prof before I would try it.

He got some flack Viking for having a aquarium with algae to begin with. "Change conditions,and you won't have a problem comrade" something like that.
But plenty of people long in the hobby get it every now and then. You can get desperate for a cure even if treating the symptoms and not the total cure.

I've tried Peroxide and it will kill all mosses,Ferns if not dead,defoliate them. Some stem plants like Ammania will melt and Vallisneria just can't take it well...but survive looking shabby.
Here he's dunking Anubias but then again,My Anubias survived Peroxide also. Thick leaves meant to grow out of water are near impervious.
Peroxide takes a light touch,and try not to let much drip into the tank. Hard not to do with plants not in pots or on wood,I know.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back