Led strip

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

gary_snell

Reaction score
Hi all. I have bought some led strip. 1 roll red 1 roll white 1 roll green 1 roll blue. Can anyone tell me how much of each colour I should use. It's an implanted mbuna tank. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi all. I have bought some led strip. 1 roll red 1 roll white 1 roll green 1 roll blue. Can anyone tell me how much of each colour I should use. It's an implanted mbuna tank. Thanks

Nobody here to help lol

sorry Gary, I have never used led strip lights so can't comment. But the other side of the world will be waking up soon and I'm sure some of the plant people will be able to help when they log on :)

and welcome to the forum :)

best I can offer is plants like red and blue light and white light helps brighten things up. So perhaps run 1 red, 1 blue and 1 or 2 white strips. But try 1 of each and see what the color looks like. Then add or remove each color and see how you like it. If there aren't any live plants the light is purely so you can see the fish :)

Thanks very much mate. Would you add any green. And for night would you only run blue. Or blue and red

You can try green and see what it looks like. The combination of the 3 colors and white should be pretty close to sunlight. The green certainly won't hurt because its part of the color spectrum :)

In the morning open the curtains or turn the room light on, then wait at least 30 minutes before turning the tank lights on. I would turn the blue on first, then an hour or so later turn the red, white and green (if you want it) on. Or turn them on one at a time and have them come on about 1 hour apart.
eg: 8am open curtains
9am blue light comes on
10am red light comes on
11am white and green come on.

7pm white and green go off
8pm red goes off
9pm room light comes on and then blue light goes off.
10pm bedroom light goes off.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back