Led lighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Paul neilly

Reaction score
New to tropical fish, but I have a eheim 120 litre tank and soft close doors cabinet, but I'm looking a led set up, can you advise
See attach pictures

Attachments

• DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 57
I never liked those lights built into the lid because they are impossible to replace. In my opinion, the light belongs on top of the lid, not inside of it.

IDK what else you could do besides get a glass lid and a "normal" led light to sit on top of it.

Your tank is very nice, one thing that is an absolute must is that bala shark should be re homed. They grow to monsters easily over 1 foot long and has no right being in the same tank as bettas or neon tetras.

I never liked those lights built into the lid because they are impossible to replace. In my opinion, the light belongs on top of the lid, not inside of it.

IDK what else you could do besides get a glass lid and a "normal" led light to sit on top of it.

Your tank is very nice, one thing that is an absolute must is that bala shark should be re homed. They grow to monsters easily over 1 foot long and has no right being in the same tank as bettas or neon tetras.
Thank you for that

You can buy LED tubes which fit into fluorescent holders. They don't use the fluorescent power supply but have their own and just use the lamp holders for support. Look at Superfish retrofit LEDs, and Aquael Leddy tube retrofit.

Is the tank a Juwel? I used to have a Rio 125 and the light bar on that looked the same as yours. If you do get a retrofit tube, the original cable will still be attached, though unused, and the only way to get rid of it would be to cut it off as the light bar can't be opened to un-wire it.

I've not had any problems from the shark with other species,

Yet. How long have they been together? Fish live 10 years or more in the right setup. They have only been together for a tiny portion of their life.
The Bala shark grows over a foot long and needs a 6ft long tank of 125 gallons or more as absolute minimum.

Set yourself up for success and you'll have much more luck in the hobby as time passes.

Not only do bala sharks grow very large, they are also shoaling fish which need to be in a group rather than singly. And they eat smaller fish once they grow big enough.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back