LED Flood Light

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rbdagwal

Reaction score
36L x 12.5W x 25H Marineland 45 Gal tank. Substrate height 3 inches. Which is the best light to grow medium to high light plants? Considering light sits 1-2 inches on the top of tank and a glass conopy in-between, light has to travel approx 23 inches. Which is the best light to grow carpeting plants? Planning to put two LEPOWER 50W LED Flood Light Outdoor, 4000 lumens each hanging 6 inches from canopy, total 100w and 8000 lumens, this will yeild 46 lumens per liter. I have pressurised CO2 injection. Will two of these in said configuration too much light and will it have algue problem? Please suggest.

36L x 12.5W x 25H Marineland 45 Gal tank. Substrate height 3 inches. Which is the best light to grow medium to high light plants? Considering light sits 1-2 inches on the top of tank and a glass conopy in-between, light has to travel approx 23 inches. Which is the best light to grow carpeting plants? Planning to put two LEPOWER 50W LED Flood Light Outdoor, 4000 lumens each hanging 6 inches from canopy, total 100w and 8000 lumens, this will yeild 46 lumens per liter. I have pressurised CO2 injection. Will two of these in said configuration too much light and will it have algue problem? Please suggest.
I've heard 40+ lumens per litre is what you need for the most demanding plants. Do you know the kelvin rating for them? Ideally they should be around 6500K.
So long as you get the right balance of light, co2 and ferts then you shouldn't have much algae problems.
Good luck!

Whatever lights you use make sure they will work with a dimmer. You will likely need to adjust the light to a level the fish will like or the balance plant growth with the available nutrients.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back