Led Crazy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Crazy fishes

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just thought I would spread the word. Remember quite recently JBJ release the 28g with 150W halide?? Well that tank didn't get the response they were hoping for and to be frank it was a flop. They have revised the design and changed the lighting to 36x LEDs (30x 3W White and 4x 3W blue plus 2x 1W blue moonlights). It is expected to hit the US market at $750 later this year/ early next year but for us in the UK probably £400 with no expected release date as of yet.

The second thing I have to share is I recently purchased some aquarays and have been doing some digging around to try and find published PAR readings. Up to now I have found one source which rates each strip at a PAR of 45 which should mean three strips should equal the PAR produced by a 150W halide. My concern with this data is that he is using PAR as an absolute figure when it should be related to depth.

If anyone can do some direct measurements that would be excellent or alternatively find a reliable source who can.

Kindest regards

Joe

ive seen that LED nano, looks very nice!

Re aquarays: i found that their reflectors meant that directly below the LED had pretty good strong light, but they were seemed to be vcery narrow beams so you would probably need 3 to 4 strips for every 2 foot cubed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back