Leaving Fish Without Food

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Zante

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have regularly left fish unattended for week-long holidays and they have been just fine, it's no mystery that they will be fine for that length of time.

What about longer? I need to leave home for a fortnight which could become slightly longer and I have nobody that can look after them.

They are generally well fed, so it shouldn't be a problem, I just need to be sure.
Would it help if I set the temperature two or three degrees lower, to slow the fishes' metabolism a bit?

Lowering the temp to reduce metabolism won't hurt them. And 2 weeks without food will not hurt, if worried you could leave some Live food (daphnia) in a feeder for them to pick at.

I have regularly left fish unattended for week-long holidays and they have been just fine, it's no mystery that they will be fine for that length of time.

What about longer? I need to leave home for a fortnight which could become slightly longer and I have nobody that can look after them.

They are generally well fed, so it shouldn't be a problem, I just need to be sure.
Would it help if I set the temperature two or three degrees lower, to slow the fishes' metabolism a bit?
simple answer is buy a food block! compressed food that slow releases and last a week or 2 weeks. depending on which one you buyc

Nah... Can't do that.

Last time I tried it, it took my water TDS reading through the clouds, from around 100 ppm to over 1k

2 words my friend,

Automatic feeder.

I bought one when I had to go away. It worked just fine. Battery powered, feeds twice a day, adjustable proportions. About $20

I just got back from 1week vacation.got one of those food blocks over half was still left the fish looked as good as when i left.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back