Least killifish with guppies?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Why should it mess up their genes?

You don't normally keep them together because most killifish come from soft acid water and guppies come from hard water with a pH above 7.0

If you are worried about them interbreeding, they can't as they are totally different species.

Why should it mess up their genes?

You don't normally keep them together because most killifish come from soft acid water and guppies come from hard water with a pH above 7.0\
yeh, just wondering
If you are worried about them interbreeding, they can't as they are totally different species.
i was saying least killifish ?‍♀️?‍♂️

Least killifish as in Heterandria formosa? No they can't breed with guppies. Guppies are in the genus Poecilia while Heterandria formosa are in the genus Heterandria. Different genus.

Least killifish as in Heterandria formosa? No they can't breed with guppies. Guppies are in the genus Poecilia while Heterandria formosa are in the genus Heterandria. Different genus.
ohhh that makes sense. can i keep them with guppies then?

In theory, yes. But in practice? There may be things which make it inadvisable which I am unaware of such as would guppies intimidate Heterandria.

Mine were ok with guppies, WCMM and Medaka. Only problem being their size in a largish tank 120L made em difficult to see. You’d sometimes have to sit for ten mins before catching sight of one. They’d occasionally swim through the bigger fish but most times kept towards the bottom and back amongst the plants.

I moved em into a 39L and they’re visible almost immediately.

Mine were ok with guppies, WCMM and Medaka. Only problem being their size in a largish tank 120L made em difficult to see. You’d sometimes have to sit for ten mins before catching sight of one. They’d occasionally swim through the bigger fish but most times kept towards the bottom and back amongst the plants.

I moved em into a 39L and they’re visible almost immediately.
i have a 283g...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back