Leak From Fire Extingiusher, Please Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'd say it's the fe then. How does the thread look?
There's nothing extra I can see on mine that would make a difference.
Im not far from you so if you wanted to you could bring your fe round and try my regulator, and try your regulator on my fe to see what's causing the problem?

Liked the video, always fun to listen to a foreign accent :hey: Key to a Yankee's heart :fun:

Can't help with the leak. I spent a ton just to buy my own canister.

I'd say it's the fe then. How does the thread look?
There's nothing extra I can see on mine that would make a difference.
Im not far from you so if you wanted to you could bring your fe round and try my regulator, and try your regulator on my fe to see what's causing the problem?
Cheers for the offer, I'm gonna give the thread a really thorough clean and gently file the end just to flatten it off in case there's any non-visible bumps. If that doesn't work I might just send you a reg through the post (save the petrol lol) and you can give it a try.

It's alright mate, if you change your mind let me know. It's weird that it's not sealing, it has to be something to do with the FE.
I think giving it a good clean and filing it down a touch is a good idea.

So after a good scrum with a metal brush and and a toothbrush it was shining, no signs of any more dirt, trued it, leak still there. Then I noticed a dent or chip on the seal of the thread(top left of 1st photo). Is this supposed to be there? :sly: Also is there anything else visible that I'm missing?
Click photos to get xlarge versions

I had a similar issue and rubber just gives with the pressure involved i found a fiber washer worked for me kept it sealed for 2 years anyway till i sold the reg.

That looks like the issue right there. Not sure how you can combat it.
There's a company in Dudley that fill them they may exchange it for a small fee.

I had a similar issue and rubber just gives with the pressure involved i found a fiber washer worked for me kept it sealed for 2 years anyway till i sold the reg.
I've got some fibre one's I'll give it a shot. thanks

That looks like the issue right there. Not sure how you can combat it.
There's a company in Dudley that fill them they may exchange it for a small fee.
I might just contact the seller and complain see what they say. Do you reckon its breaking the seal somehow and pushing the gas through the threads?

I reckon it is because it's not creating a full seal. Due to the high pressure, bear in mind this is before the regulator which reduces the pressure, if you have ever set off a fe normally you will know how intense the pressure is, that pressure is being blocked and reduced by the regulator so it'll escape anyway it can before the regulator, hence escaping through the thread.

The seller sold it as a fe for fighting fire, which it would have done fine because the release of pressure with the funnel isn't regulated so it wouldn't need escape through the thread as much, if at all. I'm not sure if you will be able to get anything as from his point of view it's fit for purpose. The fe place I was thinking about in Dudley is Chubb, they do a refill for like £12, the might swap the bottle too or at least help you seal it properly.

I reckon it is because it's not creating a full seal. Due to the high pressure, bear in mind this is before the regulator which reduces the pressure, if you have ever set off a fe normally you will know how intense the pressure is, that pressure is being blocked and reduced by the regulator so it'll escape anyway it can before the regulator, hence escaping through the thread.

The seller sold it as a fe for fighting fire, which it would have done fine because the release of pressure with the funnel isn't regulated so it wouldn't need escape through the thread as much, if at all. I'm not sure if you will be able to get anything as from his point of view it's fit for purpose. The fe place I was thinking about in Dudley is Chubb, they do a refill for like £12, the might swap the bottle too or at least help you seal it properly.
I've emailed him but no reply yet I'm not expecting much. Dudley's a bit far for me I'm in WS8 so the furtherest side of Walsall. I might wait till my pub-bottle comes in. If that works out fine I'll just order another for the second tank. Tomorrow I'll look up local FE people and give them ring for quotes to change thread and refill. Probably cost less to just buy/rent a new one though.

There's a place in Balsall Heath, Birmingham called: Barber Bros its where I get my CO2 filled up (for mega cheap!) they have CO2 bottled they will sell you, £25 for a full bottle. Iv got 2 off them. I'll give you the address if you need it.

There's a place in Balsall Heath, Birmingham called: Barber Bros its where I get my CO2 filled up (for mega cheap!) they have CO2 bottled they will sell you, £25 for a full bottle. Iv got 2 off them. I'll give you the address if you need it.
Yes please, contacts are always useful to have :)

Co2 refills

Barber Bros
Unit 1-3, Clifton Rd
Clifton Road Industrial Estate,
Balsall Heath
Birmingham
West Midlands
B12 8SX

Tel: 0121 440 4737

It's a fire extinguisher company so they might be able to fix yours if you take it in, they refill your bottle for £3. Bargin !

The damage to the threads as long as they allow the regulator to be tightened will not be the cause of the leak as the seal should be before the threads(on the front face) as I said previously rubber washers do not work reliably due to the pressures involved but a fiber seal does.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back