Lauch A Rocket With Your Potassium Nitrate

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Captain Retardo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well I always thought I could do something cool with that potassium nitrate and it turns out I can! All I need is some sugar, and boom! I have rocket fuel, check this out:

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/how20/600152d...l?s_prop18=how2
Just wondering: Would Magnesium Sulfate (or Calcium Sulfate) be a better choice for an oxidizer? because it has 4 Oxygen atoms, instead of Potassium Nitrate's 3.

BTW - I have an aquarium related question: Is Potassium Sulfate usually used as the main aquarium fertilizer for potassium deficiencys? Will the sulfate have any effects? (negative or positive)

Awesome.

Re the Potassium sulphate, yes it is used to keep the level of potassium up, however when you're adding KNO3 and KH2PO4 you dont normally need to add more K. I wouldn't think the sulphate would have any effect positive or negative. People have been adding it for years, we would know if it was a problem.

Sam

Thanks! I'm not acutally adding the KNO3 now because my tank is a bit overstocked, so the nitrate level is high and I don't want to raise it, so i just want to raise the potassium level.

Even a backward nit like me knows that sugar + fertilizer = *BOMB*.

You've been warned!! :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back