latest tank pic

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
well decided to post tank pics of mine as updates :) what do you guys think ?
the java moss is not going good though :(

Attachments

• IMG_0102small.jpg
    IMG_0102small.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
my rotala rotundifolia is starting to pink up well :)

i think its due to the newly added relflectors :p and also the cf pinlights :

Attachments

• IMG_0113small.jpg
    IMG_0113small.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 45
Sweet dude! :) The reason for you poor luck with java moss is probably caused by the large amounts o light you have in your tank. :nod:

What fish do you have in the system?

yeah im guessing the light too, and also the temp... and also the ferts ?? im not really sure haha :D

inhabitants are 7 cardinal tetras and 1 neon tetra
2 ottos
4 neocardina shrimps
dunnoe how many local mountain shrimps

i hope the moss gets going when the temp here starts dropping around next month ... but the shrimps are already feasting on the slowly rotting moss....

N1 m8 looks good, love the forground plants too,are they sagittaria or echinodorus?

okay am i being thick here or something, what's that red thing in the bottom middle of the first pic. it looks like thick red smoke coming out of a pot... quite obviously it isn't but i've been staring at it for ages and cant work out what it is, please put me out of my mysery.

the tank looks really good and WOW thats what i call pink, (hmm may go shopping...)

yup thats java moss that is not doing so well :( still dunno y

the plant in the foreground is dwarf sag :) its spreading mad ! mad i say ! and i dunno how to trim it down !!! any people with experience in dealing with sag gone wild ?

kenneth_kpe said:
any people with experience in dealing with sag gone wild ?
Remove the whole individual plants and replace the healthiest discarding the required number as you see fit. Will take a while but will give you good re-growth. I used the same method on my Echinodorus tennelus. Tweezers should help.

yup its to cool the tank down, but since i started working i cant replace it constantly, i have to replace the bottle around every 3 hours during the day .. around 4 - 5 times a day to keep the temp at around 29 deg celcius haha :D

il do that gf! il go borrow my GF tweezers and not tell her what im gonna use it for :p hehe kiddin :p

i wish it would start raining here already ! btw does java moss recover from such a brown state ?

btw what do you guys think about a chiller like this ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WD1V

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back