Latest gaming without gaming rig

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I think i had to go payg for a stupid spec. I did a speed test and got some silly number like 4000gb. I used to work in a internet provider and its because people like Microsoft dont just have the odd rack mounted server in a data centre but a whole data centre.

I went to one called Telehouse in London and its like Terminator 2, rows and rows of servers all managing internet traffic,

If you use the search function and search for all Nvidia and do a bit of Googling - thereā€™s a load of specific server side settings you need to change in the registry then i was getting ridiculous numbers on various tests.

It can definitely play AAA titles at ultra FPS and for a few pound a day works out cheaper for me than buying a machine.

Mind you Iā€™m currently playing on my new Xbox Series S lol

Just got the new Xbox Series S home earlier - left it downloading some games whilst i popped out for some gaming headphones..

Ive got 500gb full fat fibre and its taking sooo long the games are huge - Destiny 2 is 104GB!

Ive got a few games in the queue - Microsoft Games Pass was Ā£1 for the 1st month and thereā€™s loads of free games.

So in my download queue -

Forza 4 - Downloaded
Fortnite
Division 2
Fallout 76
Star Wars Battlefront2
Destiny 2 - Downloaded

My hard drive is now reading at 96% full but those games arenā€™t bad for Ā£1!
7534126D-83BC-4ACC-A6A8-0FD622F3E7F2.png

Got newest gen ryzen 7 and a 1070.
I currently im playing smite and CSGo.

Also most rts games are awesome. I play Supreme commander tons. But havent been having lans due to covid so all my old games like age of mythology are just sitting there.

Attachments

• 20201101_233655.jpg
    20201101_233655.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 113
Got newest gen ryzen 7 and a 1070. I currently im playing smite and CSGo. Also most rts games are awesome. I play Supreme commander tons. But havent been having lans due to covid so all my old games like age of mythology are just sitting there.

Used to play a lot of wow- a lot meaning 8 hours a day with a hardcore Dutch guild lol!

My healer was rated 16th on this European server - considering there must be thousands and thousands of active players on each server i was pretty chuffed with that.

Just downloaded Elder scrolls online as well

I think i had to go payg for a stupid spec. I did a speed test and got some silly number like 4000gb. I used to work in a internet provider and its because people like Microsoft dont just have the odd rack mounted server in a data centre but a whole data centre.

I went to one called Telehouse in London and its like Terminator 2, rows and rows of servers all managing internet traffic,

If you use the search function and search for all Nvidia and do a bit of Googling - thereā€™s a load of specific server side settings you need to change in the registry then i was getting ridiculous numbers on various tests.

It can definitely play AAA titles at ultra FPS and for a few pound a day works out cheaper for me than buying a machine.

Mind you Iā€™m currently playing on my new Xbox Series S lol

I work for company providing services to Microsoft, Amazon etc and yes they own whole data centres. Sometimes even a few data centres.

You are getting insane speeds because big players like Microsoft upgraded their connection to 40Gbps which is top of the range.

I might have a look at PAYG. Struggling to get hands on 3080 FE now anyway lol.

P/S: I also used to play WoW but back in the classic days. Grinded for hours to get High Warlord title... also been part of one or two EU first kills. (40 men raids). Those were the days.

I work for company providing services to Microsoft, Amazon etc and yes they own whole data centres. Sometimes even a few data centres.

You are getting insane speeds because big players like Microsoft upgraded their connection to 40Gbps which is top of the range.

I might have a look at PAYG. Struggling to get hands on 3080 FE now anyway lol.

P/S: I also used to play WoW but back in the classic days. Grinded for hours to get High Warlord title... also been part of one or two EU first kills. (40 men raids). Those were the days.
Guild wars 2 is the jam

Lol,,I used to have my own little IT shop back in 2000, it only lasted about 2 years as I couldnā€™t match the bulk buy prices places like PC World got but sites like Overclockers werenā€™t as well known.

we used to make big 3 screen Battlefield machines for LAN parties and itā€™s about then that people started being a bit anal about upgrading every year.
Personally I used to just add a bit more RAM and notch up the overclock on the chip. As your running water the temp isnā€™t a problem. We also did Peltier cooling which is where the chip basically has ice forming on it !

As long as I can run near Ultra at 60fps then I donā€™t really mind how I get there

This sounds like a version of FPS heaven! BTW, I tend to lean forward on ram too.

Guild wars 2 is the jam
Tried GW many years ago but canā€™t really gel with it. Feels a bit like Final Fantasy / Monster Hunter world which I canā€™t really get into. I prefer the options WoW provides. Is it worth giving GW2 a look?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back