The two balloon mollies are no longer in the tank *donated to LFS*

01.jpg

Tang watching over the city of wood:

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Clown Pleco (Candy) - my pride and joy sucking on an algae wafer :wub:

05.jpg

Cold Cathode moonlight. Don't usually have it up this bright, but needed to for the pic.

06.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wow, thats looking real nice! That bogwood is awsome! Do you not want to try real plants? Or do u just want plastic? "Tand"? Is that your dwarf gouramis name?

Thanks for the kind words! The wood came from floridadriftwood.com. Reasonable price ($20 for those 5 pieces).

One day I'll try real plants but for now I don't have the time or the money to invest in them.

Tang is the male dwarf gourami, yes. I had two, but they conflicted and Tang was the less dominant of the two that I kept. :)

looking good.

i didn't even realise they were fake plants at first :*) i'd love to see what you can do with real ones.

best fake plant tank i've seen yet. well done.

I looked at the first picture and wondered why on earth you'd want to rearrange that, because it looked so good. Then I saw the "new" pictures and realized that you'd managed to make it look even better! Good job! :thumbs:

Mayhaps William should sign you on as a 'Aquascaping Consultant' or something :D I have yet to find a plant arrangement that I like for my tank....

ETA: Either you have some massive algae wafers there or your Clown Pleco is just a teeny guy! :lol: How big will s/he get?

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

lizard said:
I looked at the first picture and wondered why on earth you'd want to rearrange that, because it looked so good. Then I saw the "new" pictures and realized that you'd managed to make it look even better! Good job! :thumbs:

Mayhaps William should sign you on as a 'Aquascaping Consultant' or something :D I have yet to find a plant arrangement that I like for my tank....

ETA: Either you have some massive algae wafers there or your Clown Pleco is just a teeny guy! :lol: How big will s/he get?

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:
B) Thank you so much.

Keep trying with re-arranging plants, it took me PLENTY of time and tweaking to get it to where I was happy. Put the wood/ornaments in first, (don't be afraid to sculpt crests with the gravel to raise pieces of wood), and then place the plants around them. Try to avoid creating a straight line wall with the plants. :)

Yeah, Candy is really small. She's about 1.5 to 1.75 inches at the moment, and will grow to about 4 inches. I'm assuming she's a female, just a feeling I've got. I think she's still too young to sex at the moment.

Your previous setup wasn't so bad but this one is great. Putting all the pieces of wood into one networking centerpiece makes a nice center focal point. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back