Last Rites For Marine Marvel.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There needs to be a total ban on all commercial fishing worldwide and it needs to be put into place now, before the only marine fish species left are the ones swimming in peoples tanks around the world :(

:( I'd support a total ban but that's easy to say when you don't eat fish. The world sucks in a lot of ways and I wish we could find an answer.

:( I'd support a total ban but that's easy to say when you don't eat fish. The world sucks in a lot of ways and I wish we could find an answer.

Same here.

We are simple too gready when it comes to eating the animals of the sea, our populations are getting larger and larger and we are becomming ever more a strain to the environment.
I think the only solution to the problem of us over-fishing almost every type of life in the sea's, is to radically cut down on fishing all sorts of sea animals and fish, to ban trawling worldwide, and to rely more on freshwater fish which can be raised in an environmentally friendly manner inland in man-made ponds and lakes. We also need to do more to control our ever expanding populations too, a one-child policey like what China has would actually probably be highly beneficial to many countries in this world in many ways etc.

In what way do you consider birth control unsafe?

I would support a limit on children based on income and provision for disaster, so if you earned £100k a year, go ahead and Duggar out, as long as you have proper provision for any eventuality (unemployment, for example) so your family is taken care of by you. (Note: I have much respect for the Duggar family, they have a lot of kids but they are lovely kids and well taken care of.)

However, if you are a work dodger and sitting at home on benefits, don't expect to be allowed more then one child, you can't afford it so don't have it. If it were pets we were talking about, everyone here would support my view. If you can't afford to take care of them properly, don't have them.

Special provision would be allowed for people incapable of earning an income due to circumstances beyond their control that have been present since they attained child bearing age, and for multiple births, ie no one would be asked to cull their litter if they found themselves expecting twins, triplets and such regardless of their economic status.

Is it still policy in China that if you have a child that dies you are not allowed another? that isn't a fair system, I wouldn't agree to that.

In what way do you consider birth control unsafe?
There are many unsafe contraception methods. In many parts of the world, continual administration of poisons, (to keep women in a health state where they are simply incapable of procreating), or abortifacients, "application" of damaging devices/procedures, and DIY/backstreet abortion are regarded as normal and acceptable birth control. I have travelled in many wild areas of the world, and seen a lot of crazy things.

In a lot of places, sons are great, daughters a burden, in the same regions, the birth rate of males against females is very high - coincidence? Post natal birth control.

It is, however, likely that in most western countries, this is not an issue, although there is some evidence that several hormonal treatments might be implicated in several female cancers and other disorders.

In most of the same western countries, declining birth rate is seen as a major problem. An aging population expanding because of increasing medical technology, is being supported by a shrinking wealth creating population. Who is actually paying the pensions?

Globally, I believe part of the problem is the increase in medical support in remote areas caused by well meaning agencies that "save the children" at all cost, whilst neglecting the essential sidekick. If a people are used to having half of their kids die young suddenly have all their kids surviving, they run out of resources to support them, it is inevitable. Nature had previously limited the population, we skew it, and the result is famine under whatever disguise it is using this week.

With health care comes the duty to educate, that includes birth control - this is sadly often missing in the programs of these organisations. It is much easier to get donations when they can present a screen full of suffering kids then to admit that they have caused the problem they now strive to solve.

I expected him to be referring to more Western societies, no one can argue that third world ways are quite often appalling.

I have been writing this post for over an hour now, but on reading it, I feel it's strayed far to far from the original topic and it's going to start a debate about world politics, world hunger, GM crops, charity, McDonalds....it was all in there, and I fear it'll end up getting the thread closed, which isn't fair as the original topic was a valid and worthy one.

Sufficed to say....If there was one Dodo left on Earth still and it was the only animal for 100 miles, and we were starving, I would kill it to feed my child. If I were a tuna fisherman and I was allowed to catch 50, but I couldn't make money to feed my family unless I caught 60, I would be catching 60.

:(

With health care comes the duty to educate, that includes birth control - this is sadly often missing in the programs of these organisations. It is much easier to get donations when they can present a screen full of suffering kids then to admit that they have caused the problem they now strive to solve.

...and this has been the case my entire life.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back