Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 3

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
ShinySideUp said:
Apparently one has to post something significant or it doesn't count so I think a series of useless facts might fit the bill:

No 1: The elephant is the only animal with four knees.

Oh dear, I think you need to be disqualified. That isn't a useless fact. It's not even a fact.

http://qi.com/infocloud/knees
http://www.krugerpark.co.za/africa_elephant.html

As with ALL quadrupeds, the elephant has knees on the rear legs. On the front legs, the joints halfway up its legs are actually its wrists. The lower part of its leg is the evolutionary equivalent of our hands, and the part of the front leg that it walks on (which support the weight) are the equivalent of our fingers. It's just how the elephant has evolved.

On the subject of knees, as taken from the first of my links, a CAT scan of Tutankhamun's mummified body showed that he had an infected knee, and it may well have been this that caused his death, rather than his brother.

If you would like a useless fact that is a fact, try this:- 1 in 8 Americans have worked in McDonalds.

the_lock_man said:

Apparently one has to post something significant or it doesn't count so I think a series of useless facts might fit the bill:

No 1: The elephant is the only animal with four knees.

Oh dear, I think you need to be disqualified. That isn't a useless fact. It's not even a fact.

http://qi.com/infocloud/knees
http://www.krugerpark.co.za/africa_elephant.html

As with ALL quadrupeds, the elephant has knees on the rear legs. On the front legs, the joints halfway up its legs are actually its wrists. The lower part of its leg is the evolutionary equivalent of our hands, and the part of the front leg that it walks on (which support the weight) are the equivalent of our fingers. It's just how the elephant has evolved.

On the subject of knees, as taken from the first of my links, a CAT scan of Tutankhamun's mummified body showed that he had an infected knee, and it may well have been this that caused his death, rather than his brother.

If you would like a useless fact that is a fact, try this:- 1 in 8 Americans have worked in McDonalds.

Not me, I'm one of the '7'. :p

Man of fish said:
it feels good to finally be 16!
You just reached 16 :eek:

Hmm, Boy of Fish , not Man of Fish :p

Only joking :lol:

Ch4rlie said:

it feels good to finally be 16!
You just reached 16
ohmy.png

Hmm, Boy of Fish , not Man of Fish
tongue2.gif

Only joking
laugh.png

:rofl:

Right, then, Stateside Cousins, please explain something to me about American Football players - why do they have what looks like a little towel, such as I would find on the bar of my local pub, hanging down from their rears?

I think it's to wipe off their hands so the ball doesnt slip and such. not all of them wear it.

the_lock_man said:
Right, then, Stateside Cousins, please explain something to me about American Football players - why do they have what looks like a little towel, such as I would find on the bar of my local pub, hanging down from their rears?

Generally speaking the towel is there to keep their hands dry.  The 'football' can be very slippery when wet or when trying to carry or catch it with wet hands.  So, the towel helps them keep them dry for carrying the ball.  You may notice that it is only the 'skill position' (aka those who carry the ball) players that wear the towel.  The lineman whose main concern is merely to block the man in front of him, doesn't worry about such things - although the center (the one who gives the ball to the quarterback to start the play) sometimes does since he is the first to need to touch the ball.

eaglesaquarium said:

Generally speaking the towel is there to keep their hands dry.  The 'football' can be very slippery when wet or when trying to carry or catch it with wet hands.  So, the towel helps them keep them dry for carrying the ball.  You may notice that it is only the 'skill position' (aka those who carry the ball) players that wear the towel.  The lineman whose main concern is merely to block the man in front of him, doesn't worry about such things - although the center (the one who gives the ball to the quarterback to start the play) sometimes does since he is the first to need to touch the ball.

Such a simple explanation, thank you, kind sir. Does anyone know whether Mr Odell Beckham Jnr wipes both hands, or just the one?

(And when did he change his name from Brooklyn?)

He only dries off the 3 fingers he uses, not the whole hand.  That catch was crazy!  

some of these receivers really do have insane catching abilities and that was one of the best catches I've seen in awhile!

Looks like pretty a decent catch, but seems more to do with the gloves rather than the actual catch itself.

Grippy gloves do make any catches a lot easier, if he caught that bare handed I'd be more suitably impressed ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back