April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
daizeUK said:
But you didn't say it, so it's legal
wink.png

Tank maintenance day. Two tanks to clean before lunch. Can I clean them? Yes, I can!

Ah, Bob The Builder again. We'll have to change you name to DizzyUK......

Ah, Bob The Builder again. We'll have to change you name to DizzyUK......
Sounds like me
smile.png

Four hours later and finished. Plants maintained, moss trimmed, tanks vacuumed, water changed, two external filters cleaned, six lost baby fry rescued and my kitchen restored from bombsite to normality. Still gotta change a CO2 reactor but that can wait until after a cuppa
biggrin.png

I have a day off, as we are having a new boiler installed. We've been without hot water for 11 days, which is rather unpleasant, but at least we're not in Philly, no snow here.

God Save the Gulf Stream!

:lol:  5-9 inches due in the next 12-18 hours.

How did you survive without warm water for 11 days?

Boiled lots of kettles. To get all 6 of us bathed and hair-washed in the morning takes about 20 kettles. THankfully we have a spare kettle, so we have 2 on the go at the same time.

As for the lack of heating - leave you coat on, put on your dressing-gown.

:eek: that sounds tough. There are 10 people in my family so that would be pretty bad if it happened here. :p

Sounds a bit different.  I enjoy going 'old school' every now and then.  Helps us appreciate how easy we truly have it these days.  Hot water, for example, is something that we generally just take for granted until its gone.

Glad you've got it all sorted now though, TLM.  Congrats.

I have the exact opposite problem. I can't get my showers cool enough. The tank water I use is really hot.

Yay! Hot water! Happy days, And happy family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back