Last One To Post Here Wins Thread 2

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol fine.  I'm not going to get drawn into a "we invented football!" argument... I could... but I won't... :p  
innocent.gif

Never heard of that... I think it's futebol in Portugal/Brazil...

daizeUK said:
Lol fine.  I'm not going to get drawn into a "we invented football!" argument... I could... but I won't...
tongue2.gif

innocent.gif

You are correct, you could get drawn into the argument...  But what point would it serve?

In other news... rumor has it the NFL is looking to expand and place a team in London! :no:

where did you get that rumor from? the queen of the NFL? they also want to get a team in LA again, which that i believe is a top priory last time i checked, this is an american football league its useless and stupid to get a team in London, also would make team travel very difficult and give an unfair advantage because of it. In short dont sweat it ;)

daizeUK said:
A beautiful dress, she looks lovely!
I thought she was holding a football at first though... don't tell her that!...
blush.png

:lol:

Hehe, I agree, its a football, not a soccer ball :p

I do agree with eagles, because i also heard that the NFL was going to try to get a team over in London , but i think that was about 3 months ago that i heard that and i haven't heard anything on it since so i doubt anything became of it.

Sooo i now have an infestation of bladder snails in my 10 gallon endler tank.  Is it true that they can cause ammonia spikes?

I've never heard of them doing that.

As long as you don't overfeed, they won't be a problem. IMO they're actually beneficial, since they eat the waste on the bottom of the tank as well as some algae.

eaglesaquarium said:

In other news... rumor has it the NFL is looking to expand and place a team in London! :no:
I don't think they're going to do this. They did in fact, announce that there will be 4 games played in London next year instead of just 1....

ncguppy830 said:
where did you get that rumor from? the queen of the NFL? they also want to get a team in LA again, which that i believe is a top priory last time i checked, this is an american football league its useless and stupid to get a team in London, also would make team travel very difficult and give an unfair advantage because of it. In short dont sweat it
wink.png

Very recent.  And you honestly think that the NFL cares about the travel issues?  They had 2 games there this year and three scheduled next year, and there's no reason for either of those teams to go over there, except the almighty dollar.

They want a bigger fan base and Europe is an untapped resource.  The gobs of money they are pulling in aren't enough, apparently.  They want more.

eaglesaquarium said:

where did you get that rumor from? the queen of the NFL? they also want to get a team in LA again, which that i believe is a top priory last time i checked, this is an american football league its useless and stupid to get a team in London, also would make team travel very difficult and give an unfair advantage because of it. In short dont sweat it
wink.png

Very recent.  And you honestly think that the NFL cares about the travel issues?  They had 2 games there this year and three scheduled next year, and there's no reason for either of those teams to go over there, except the almighty dollar.

They want a bigger fan base and Europe is an untapped resource.  The gobs of money they are pulling in aren't enough, apparently.  They want more.

THe issue with that is that us Brits (in general) don't really care that much about American Football. The reason why Wembley Stadium is so keen to stage the NFL matches is that the construction cost of the stadium went SSSSSOOOOOOO overbudget, they need every single penny of income they can get. They'd have Slaves v Lions, Roman Empire-style, if they thought they could make money from it.

Now, this football terminology thing. Why is it called a "football" when you only kick it once every 20 minutes? There is minimal foot-to-ball contact. Whereas with a genuine football, the ball is touched by the foot multiple times per minute. Yours should be called a "chase it around like a headless chicken when it bounces ball". :D

the_lock_man said:

Now, this football terminology thing. Why is it called a "football" when you only kick it once every 20 minutes? There is minimal foot-to-ball contact. Whereas with a genuine football, the ball is touched by the foot multiple times per minute. Yours should be called a "chase it around like a headless chicken when it bounces ball".
biggrin.png

+1000 :D

the_lock_man said:

wink.png

THe issue with that is that us Brits (in general) don't really care that much about American Football. The reason why Wembley Stadium is so keen to stage the NFL matches is that the construction cost of the stadium went SSSSSOOOOOOO overbudget, they need every single penny of income they can get. They'd have Slaves v Lions, Roman Empire-style, if they thought they could make money from it.

Now, this football terminology thing. Why is it called a "football" when you only kick it once every 20 minutes? There is minimal foot-to-ball contact. Whereas with a genuine football, the ball is touched by the foot multiple times per minute. Yours should be called a "chase it around like a headless chicken when it bounces ball".
biggrin.png

The limitations on your imagination saddens me.  A 'ball' does not need to be round to be a ball.

As far as the name goes, what does cricket have to do with the insect?

What's in a name really?  In the beginning 'football' involved only running, like rugby and the occasional backwards flip.  I suppose that's why it was called 'football'.  Honestly, I don't know.  The game does start with a kick.  During change of possessions, the ball is kicked, etc.  Field goals are also kicked as are 'extra points'.  There's also a 'dropkick' that's still in the rule book, but is never used any more.

But, you realize that we Americans call things different than you Brits.  You ride the 'lift', we ride the elevator.  You go to the 'cinema', we go to the 'movies'.  We use 'gasoline', you use 'petrol'.  There's countless others.  We are a people separated by an ocean, and a common language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back