Last Inhabitant

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
In my 30g I have a clown, and LM blenny, a yellow watchman goby and a coral beauty angel. I would like to add one more fish to finish it off, but can't decide what.
I've had a pearl jawfish before, but my blenny and clown took him out, so I think I want to steer clear of anything that looks blenny-like. What's weird is that the jawfish was well situated before the blenny got there, and the blenny has never bothered the goby, either. I guess he just didn't like the jawfish.
Anyway, I'm looking for something a little more active, less shy than the LM blenny (who spends most of his time in the rocks)... maybe something like green chromis? I don't know how many would fit ok in that tank.
Any suggestions?
Thanks~

Speaking of cardinals, I have been looking at the pajama cardinal... would a small group (2-3) of those work ok?
(I'd like to get 2-3 ideas so that hopefully the lfs will have at least one of them in stock.)
I really like the pj cards and sixline wrasse ideas, if they will work.
Thanks!

One more quick question, are the blue green chromis' a good choice?
Are any of these (six line, chromis, pj cardinals) prone to ick?
Thanks for the help!!

None of those are ich magnets, any would be suitable :)

Green chromis was my first fish. Seems invinceable. Tank is only about 3 months old but he is very active, swims circles around the tank and comes right to the glass whenever I'm in the room. 24gal Aquapod by the way...

In a 30g, think 5-6 fish total.

If you do decide to keep wrasses, DO NOT keep two of the same species ;)

I went to look around the lfs today, and saw a valentini puffer that I fell in love with! She's so damn cute (according to what I've read on how to sex them, it's a she, I think)!
I haven't gotten it yet, bc I wanted to check on it with all of you. I know it can/will eat the hermits and what-not, I just want to make sure about the coral beauty and clown fish. I've read that the valentini's typically only bother long-finned fish, so I'm thinking it should be ok with my stock?
Also, feeding her -- what kind of snails can I put in there? Will they need to be SW snails, or will old FW pond snails work?
I'm thinking I could do a diet of frozen mysis shrimp and krill and then maybe some pre-cooked shrimp with the shell on (I'm thinking of the kind you get at the grocery store)? I don't know what else it would eat, though, or how often I'd need to feed it the crunchier foods.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back