Large Mouth Bass

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Put one small leech in. Stand back. :lol: If the bass is hungry, the leech won't have time to attach itself.

Don't feed it bluegills, sunfish, of any other "panfish". They have a very large, strong and sharp dorsel fin that will get caught in the bass's gills or throat.

Remeber, bass don't use teeth. They swallow their prey whole or at least attempt to.

balloon molly said:
QUOTE]the bass will never do good in a tank, all it is is animal cruelty
not really.if you have enough space for him.actually he might lead a better lifeliving in a aquarium for a while.no predators, no fishing pressure,lots of food.what size do you plan on releasing him.ive kept bass and channel catfish before.i used to have them in my outdoor pond [/quote]
if you have enough space is the point
the difference to a tank and a pond is emmense.

The large mouth bass will eat ANY fish that will fit in its mouth.

Large-mouth Bass are voracious hunters.

i know that,boy do i know that,not to get off topic but once i caught a largemouth on a bluegill that was 1/3 its size.so it is like a wild type of oscar.it will eat anything it can or thinks it can fit in its mouth

But it will take it a long time to grow that big, right? And if I put him back, he's not going to have all that much room for swimming anyway, its a really small creek. I'm not sure how he ended up there in the first place, unless he got washed downstream or something. I'm not sure how long I'll keep him, I guess until he gets too big to feed without him eating everyone in his path :)

hes two onches right,ill give him hlaf YEAR FOR HIM TO OUTGROW 10 gal tank,and 2 and a half years for hime to outgrow a 50 galloon.bass are like i said oscars they produce alot of waste.i would try to et a big tank in about a year to 2.

not to be mean or anything but i guarentee you, a fish raised to live in the wild will not do good in a tank and will probably die. dont take this offensively

kind of a cool idea to have like all the animals you caught from that creek so its like a little mini creek :unsure:

but anyway, dunno how long it will be before that thing busts outta there :lol:

does your lfs sell feeders?

i bought some kind of cold water fish from a store that was selling them as goldfish (they accidently came with the goldfish in the shipment) and they just love to eat the little rosies that i put in there for my catfish. they are only about 2 inches long, and eat about 3 of these things after watching them for a little while.

except mine make an acception to flakes, and algae wafers. crazy unknown fish! :rolleyes:

oh ya...my dad swears that the fish we have are bass....we bought them being told they were cichlids (i knew the girl, so she sold them to me as goldfish for $0.15 each). but i have yet to find a cichlid that looks like them.....

the point is, is that we have mean/happy lil bass things in our 40gal tank.

a large mouth bass should never be kept in a 10 gallon even if it is only 1.5 inches long they need room for excersize you neeed to fix problems before they show up where you planing on keeping him till he was crippled before letting him go?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back