What's new

Landscape architects required

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Lynnzer

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Having completed rebuilds of my other tanks, I have a 28ltr one left over that needs a do-over.
This is the one I first got when I started the hobby, and kept sticklebacks in it to start off. just to amuse my 5 year old grandson.
Things have rolled on since then. So right now I have given the tank a thorough clean, added a layer of stone chippings on the bottom of around 3/4 inch depth. On top of that I have a net bag of Tropical river soil which is around 3/8ths of an inch deep, then about an inch of fine sand.

I intend to get myself some Erythromicron and some Chilli Rasbora.
Perhaps 10 of each, or maybe half a dozen if I think the bio-load will be too heavy.

So, ideas on what to plant please? I will probably put a bit of wood in the middle that I salvaged from the hedgerow which was very dry and dense, de-barked and is in the process of being soaked to detoxify any remaining sap or other stuff in it. I just love the shape.

So, apart from that, it's a clean sheet guys. Of course, I'll have a heater and small corner filter at the rear.

Go for it, and damn the expense.....
s-l1600[1].jpg
Rasbora_mosquito_2[1].jpg
IMG_20220315_093537.jpg
IMG_20220315_100023.jpg

Now, got to shoot off as I have just got a delivery of a white-worm culture.

I agree with @Byron.
The tank space will not be enough for 2 groups of fish.
Get one group of Boraras Brigittae(Chili Rasboras).

You can probably add some Cherry shrimps.

For plants, usually I like fast growing plants such as Anacharis Elodea or Hornworts.
You can keep them floating on top to create a mini jungle for the fish and shrimps to hide.

Other plants that are easy to keep but grow slowing are Anubias Nana and Java Ferns.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back