Land Plants Sold As Aquarium Plants On Ebay

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Spinal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well, I recently went against my instincts and bought a bundle of plants off eBay. The price sure seemed cheap! Problem is, amongst the plants I got, 3 aren't doing too well...

So I posted a pic of one here, and I was told that it probably was a land plant... I mailed the seller, asked him the name of the plant in the linked image. He said its a variegated dracaena. A quick search on google reveals this to be a LAND plant... Right...

So I mail back the seller politely asking for a link to "care" on the plant. He will be responding shortly... I hope... Now, I'm going to take pics of the other two, and ask him names of those too... We shall see what he responds.

Just in case hes a member here, hello ang68at23 :) Note that I have no resent, I was new to planted tanks and you offered alot of information. For that, I thank you. I just don't like being told lies.

Michele

Its not just ebay, bog plants and lots of semi aquatic plants are sold just about everywhere, it’s really unfair because they are sold to people just getting into planted tanks, there is nothing more discouraging than seeing your first plants wither and rot. I complain when I see them in an lfs, most of the shop owners don’t seem to know that they are not true aquatics.

I'm sure this isn't true for all aquatic plants because my store has such a small selection. When i see one I'm not sure of I ask for the employee to take it out of the water. If it still stands straight up, I don't take the chance. If it flops down I asume it's okay. Like I said not sure on all plant species and of course it would make a diffrence on shorter plants.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back