land animals

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

If you want birds, always keep them in prs or groups to stop them going nuts and pulling their feathers out when you leave them alone.

If you want a small parrot that doesn't make as much noise as a budgie, look for Neophema parrots (Bourke's, scarlet chested, elegant, turquoisine and rock parrots). They are native to Australia but some are available overseas. They are very peaceful and are fairly quiet for a bird.

. Gerbils and hamsters are very smelly, they piss as they walk. Had a childhood friend that had a few and it was about as smelly as a rabbit.

Guinea pig? Though they can be smelly if not maintained.
100% NOT true, they do not smell IF you keep there cage mantained, and they go in a corner to pee, they don't walk when they pee, only when there older or sick, and can't clean them selfs, and guinea pigs do smell, pretty bad :)

I know you've looked at rats, but what about a pair of females? They're not smelly if you keep them well cleaned out, wash their hammocks and bathe them. They don't want a noisy wheel. If you have high enough sides on their cage they won't make a mess. But they do need a reasonable sized cage. So it depends what your dad considers to be big.

I used to rescue rats. They are fantastic pets. One used to groom my eyebrows!
True, but it's better to have more than a pair

I know a perfect one!
it's not noisy, not stinky (unless you make it), it does not need a cage at all, and it's not messy at all, and basically free!

it's called a Stuffed Animal

JK, maybe some sort of gecko? a crested gecko would be good, or 3+ mourning geckos, a dwarf gecko, maybe? all of those could live in this cage: https://zoomed.com/skyscraper-terrarium/
remember to do research!

Most reactions

Back