Lampeye Killie, Aplocheilichthys Sp.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

TylerFerretLord

g͝e͠ek҉
Reaction score
When I was at my LFS the other day I was taken aback by how nice these little blue eyed gray fish looked. I've looked them up but have only found out the genus they are in and that they like to be in groups, so I want to know how to take care of these little guys.

So a few questions:
1. Preferred water conditions?
2. Feeding?
3. Sexing and M/F ratio?
4. Would a 29g tank be sufficient for a group of them?
5. Would they be recommended for someone new to killifish?
6. Breeding?

Thanks! :)

They looks a lot like this:
a_normani.jpg

Bit busy at pres TFL (aclimatising corals) get back to tou this evening some time.
Regards
BigC

Hmmm just spotted some of these at my local LFS and was wondering if i could keep them in a planted 21ltr hex tank?

i actually still have 3 of 5 lampeyes left from about a year ago, i was told at the time they are very hard to keep but they have seemed very hardy to me considering the tank they were kept in had a total nosedive and near everything was wiped out apart from them and my shrimps

If you ever get any problems with them NEVER treat them with Pimafix...... Unless you want them dead in under a minute. I made that fatal mistake and had a large shoal die that fast. Never will again!

i have had a group of about 11 lampeyes for quite a few months now in a very busy community tank with endlers, siamese fighters, clown loach's, african clawed frogs, rachovii killifish, a figure 8 puffer, chocolate gouramis, sparkling gouramis, goldring butterfly loach, polkadot loach's, clown pleco, firework rasboras, dwarf neon rainbows (praecox), marbled hatchet fish and some small discus. not 1 lampeye has died or become ill in any way. they are nice little fish, though out of the 11 only 1 is male, when i got them from maidenhead aquatics in thornton cleveleys they were tiny and couldn't sex them, now altho still tiny the male has coloured up and has a more yellow tint with extended 'pointy' dorsal, anal and tail fins. very nice and lively little fish and as proven by ones self can be kept with a variety of different fish!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back