Lack Of Polyps On Corals

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm having problems with my leather coral and toadstool at the minute even though my tank parameters check out (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, pH, salinity, calcium).

The polyps on these corals just arent coming out at the minute and both are shedding a thin transparent skin. I had thought that perhaps there was a salinity problem and they were getting burnt but thats not the case. I feed my corals Marine Snow.

My LFS suggested that this was normal behaviour but Im not so sure.....

The tank is a well established tank although I have recently added some new fish.

I should add that my Protein Skimmer died a couple of weeks ago and am awaiting a replacement although my filter and UV are both running. Last water change was 40% a couple of weeks ago (RO water).

marine.jpg

shedding leather corals seems normal. How much flow?

I have 4 powerheads in the tank - two at the back going across and the two at the front you can see.

I should say though that I did reduce the flow on the larger powerheads last week as the Regal Tangs were getting suck to the inlets (although werent getting harmed).

Would both corals shed at the same time?

Mine do this all the time and is perfectly normal. Try adjusting waterflow more torwards them to help them shedd.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back