L25 Pseudacanthicus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Verminator89

Jack Dempsey Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been a long time since i've openly posted on the forum, for various reasons. Anyway...

I've always had this fish on my 'wanted' list, but availability and price were always against me. Well, that hasn't changed but i decided to just roll with it anyway. YOLO and all that, right. So, here is my new L25 plec. He(she?) is going to be an absolute stunner i'm sure. They are real slow growers, so its going to be several years before he is of any decent size, but fingers crossed his colouration (red) will develop over the next 1" of growth or so. Thats what i've been told anyway, by Nick at Rare Aquatics, which is where this little fella has come from. Can't recommend that shop enough, amazing.

He's currently 3", and feeding very well on a mixture of things. Mainly Tetra Prima and JMC protein pellets, but he readily accepts bloodworm, muscle and prawn. His confidence over the last 7 days has grown immensely. First 4 days i didn't see him, then day by day he's out more and more. Today he's out constantly, its great to see considering they are supposedly nocturnal and rather shy.

You'll have to excuse the quality of the pics, crappy iPhone 4S camera and all that.

This was him just before i placed him in the tank, after slowly acclimating in his bag over a couple hours.

And here he is about 20 minutes ago (day 7), looking rather coloured up as he came out looking for food.

I'm very happy, and i 'think' i've named him Scarlet. Why not.

Cheers,
James

Could i ask how much did you get him for ? Im looking to get one for my 6x2x2 tank but the price seems to be putting me off.

WOW a beautiful fish! i love the pattern on the tail congrats on your buy :)

nick1200 said:
Could i ask how much did you get him for ? Im looking to get one for my 6x2x2 tank but the price seems to be putting me off.

Sure, no problem. I bought this little fella from Rare Aquatics in Crewe. He's classed as the under 3" size they have and cost me £95. The price of these fish is high, but they are absolute beauts.

HHH said:
WOW a beautiful fish! i love the pattern on the tail congrats on your buy
smile.png

Yeah, i'm hoping he is going to develop interesting finnage as he matures :)

The lil' guy is gaining some confidence more recently. Readily comes out within a few minutes of putting food in the tank. He goes nuts for prawn and muscles, and is rife on the Tetra Prima when fed that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back