L200 questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have had shrek my green phantom pleco a good while now maybe 3-4 months and honestly not what I was expecting after owning a huge sail fin
It was bought at around 2inches and after 3 months it’s grew max to 3incha possibly a little less , how long do things take to grow to the apparent 8 inches ?
Also it’s not very active unless food input is reduced and even then it will venture only a few inches away from its favourite rock , my tank is at low light so shouldn’t be an issue but it keeps its allure and shows once a week in the day , is this common while this size ? My tank is dense in wood and rock and it’s not hard to lose it but with no active , well visual feeding is the pleco living simply off algae during the night ?

All catfish are nocturnal and smaller fish are more likely to be shy due to being prey for more fish. Most catfish feed after dark and come out after dark, so you might see it more often if you use a torch at night after the tank light is turned off.

Most fish take 12-24 months to reach maturity and get close to full size, and that is if they are kept under ideal conditions. under poor conditions it can take a lot longer.

@Guyb93
If u can get a pic of your pleco out in the open, hope you enter him in the FOTM contest. Just 2 days left to enter.

@Guyb93
If u can get a pic of your pleco out in the open, hope you enter him in the FOTM contest. Just 2 days left to enter.
I was going to enter it but there is already a nice l200 entry which is larger and more mature than mine plus my only ever entry was flopper my sailfin pleco and I think he will always wear the number 10 shirt lol

Yeh.. you did win a FOTM a while ago with your Sailfin Pleco. That was a great entry.

As the lights go out for the night drop a couple of Algae discs in for the guy, He needs to be fed, he will also eat blood worms after dark so drop a few in as the light goes out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back