FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Mizz_MayDK

Reaction score
I have bought 5 L181 pleco - naturally they are quarantined in a separate tank, but when they are ready to be moved out of quarantine I want to place them together with my Corydoras Venezuela Black.

Is this a good combo?
I donā€™t want to risk my corys lives or their fins being bitten of

Oh my!! You're so lucky!! I'm unbelievably jealous of you! How much were the plecs? And... The corys are pretty much just black morphs of bronze corys so... If they could be with bronze corys then yes!

The plecos are still juvenile but not small. I had a group of 20 mixed fish (platy, swordtails, barbed, silver flying fox, clown loach and a labeo) that I traded for the 5 plecs ... so it was a win win for me - got rid of the fish I didnā€™t want and got one of the L-plecs that I like

The plecos are still juvenile but not small. I had a group of 20 mixed fish (platy, swordtails, barbed, silver flying fox, clown loach and a labeo) that I traded for the 5 plecs ... so it was a win win for me - got rid of the fish I didnā€™t want and got one of the L-plecs that I like
Could I ask where you got the plecos and corys? I'm looking for both oddly enough. ??

The black supposed Venezuelan Corys are usually for sale in pets at home. Iirc theyā€™re actually a Corydoras Aneaues? variant. Not sure of spelling.
Im possibly adopting some when a family around our way move up north. Long Fin Zebras and Rosy Loaches too.

The black supposed Venezuelan Corys are usually for sale in pets at home. Iirc theyā€™re actually a Corydoras Aneaues? variant. Not sure of spelling.
Im possibly adopting some when a family around our way move up north. Long Fin Zebras and Rosy Loaches too.
Our PAH has dead corys floating at the top... Maybe not. There was signs of them in my closest LFS, but only one was in the tank. Waiting for them to get more in so that I can save up and get a few. Expensive though.

The plecos will be fine with the corys. It's an Ancistrus species, so it mainly feeds on algae, with some protein, but even the more carnivorous plecs like Hypancistrus species are anything but aggressive. If anything, they can be spooked by boistrous corys.

Hope you have wood and soft, acidic water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back