L066 Spawn

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

st24rsap

Fishaholic
Reaction score
wasnt expecting it or even think possible yet but to my supprise i now have a King Tiger fanning away at a nice clutch of fertile eggs :hyper:

DSCF0768.jpg

cheers all, fingers crossed everything goes according to plan with them

do you recognise the cave he is in smithrc :good:

[quote name=''genesis' post='2073421' date='Jul 25 2008, 04:35 AM']Cuties! :wub:[/quote]

I can only repeat...... Well done.... this is an achievement

I have been trying to breed mine for nearly 2 years now without any sucess or anything that looks like sucess! What were your water params? did you do aything to trigger them? I have the same caves from smithrc, however, my male prefers the cave he has dug out under some bog wood. What size group do you have? I am looking to add to my grou, but I havent seen any for sale for a while.

Cheers

Ian

I have been trying to breed mine for nearly 2 years now without any sucess or anything that looks like sucess! What were your water params? did you do aything to trigger them? I have the same caves from smithrc, however, my male prefers the cave he has dug out under some bog wood. What size group do you have? I am looking to add to my grou, but I havent seen any for sale for a while.

Cheers

Ian

i have 12 in the group rangeing from 3.5" to 5.5" total length, the ones that bred were 3.5 - 4" so wasnt expecting it.

the tank is 250L with 1 cave per fish, lots of slate for them to hide under and some bogwood. The slate and caves are all in the center of the tank with a 4" gap all the way around the tank for the flow to get around. i have 2 eheim 2224 filters running so loads of filtration, the inlets and outlets are positioned in the far right corner of the tank with the flow directed anti clockwise around the outside of the tank. i also have a bubble wand positioned along the back of the tank so there is lots of oxygen in there, also have a power head in the front left corner of the tank with 1200L per hour flow across the front of the tank so the total flow in the tank is massive, well over 2000l per hour in a 250l tank

all caves are positioned so they are angled slightly towards the flow so the current from the filters and power heads goes into the entrance of every cave. Ammonia & nitrite are zero, nitrate is as low as possible. 40% cold water changes once a week unless i see a male has a female trapped in his cave, at this point i will do an additional 20% change to try and spur them on.

they are fed well on sinking wafers, tetra prime, earthworm sticks and some fresh vedge now and then. lights are left off all the time, only light they get is daylight from the window in the room.

thats about it, guess im lucky to have bred them at such a small size but in my opinion the tank set up is most important thing for spawning them

hope that helps.

Not hugely different from my set up, my group is only 5 in a 180l loads of wood slate etc well over filtered and lots of flow, perhaps i will alter my flow direction and point the caves as you suggest. I dont change as much water as you so could try that i guess, mine also like a lot of meat in their diet. I will keep looking for more to grow my group aiming for about 8 in total

Cheers

Ian

just keep trying with them Ian, you will get there in the end with them :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back