L066, King Tiger

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dagu

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
One of my LFS's has some of these beautiful plecs for £20 each.

Does anyone have any info on the care for these and would these be compatable with the fish in my 125L tank(see my signiture)

I keep a group of 3 king tigers. Lovely fish need a meaty diet and can be slow to feed to start with. I also find they prefer warmer temperatures and lots of oxygen in the water. If you need any more info just ask. I would think carefully before adding them to such a heavily stocked tank. Mine live in a rio 125 with 2 eheim externals and their tank mates are 7 lemon tetras and 8 cardinals.

Ian

Some of the fish fish in there are only in there temporary after a leak in another one of my tanks. By the way the silver shark was bought when i first started years ago not knowing how big they grew(stupid i know)-_- , hes not grown for years (11cm) and ive not been able to find anyone who would take him into a decent sized tank...

I had a king tiger a while back and although it was a lovely fish, it didn't come out much at all! Not sure if it's a common trait for king tigers or just the one I had but for the bioload they create, I prefer to have a plec which is more active.

I wouldn't add one to your tank, though.

Ive also got a king tiger, a very pretty friendly pleck mine also is active during the day moving from one shaded place to the next. He avoids the very dark caves I have in my tank and as previously said seems happier when my airstone is on. I have never seen mine eat bloodworms though and Im a little worried now didnt know they prefered a meaty diet. Bloodworms are available from time to time though and he seems pretty happy, good luck if you buy one.
Just read your link aqua andy will but some carnivour pellets asap. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back