L066 King Tiger

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Bex

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello

My LFS has a really lovely King Tiger pleco which we are thinking of getting. :wub: Anyone got or had one that can give us some info? Are they fairly lively? I've had a look on planet catfish but personal experience is always better! :D

I have one at the moment she is still small but is fairly active. Make sure it is feeding before you take it as I had difficulty getting mine to feed(i had more than 1 but i lost a couple as they refused to eat) mine appears hapiest at high water temperatures with lots of oxygen. They appear to eat most things and mine enjoys bloodworm and other meaty foods fed after lights out. I am currently waiting on someone to locate me some more of these lovely fish so I can try and establish a breeding group. Any more questions or if you need water stats let me know

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info! :good: They have been at my LFS for a good few weeks now (I think at least 3) so they must be feeding. Do you know their max size? I think it's approx 8"? Keep reading different things! lol

Higher temps at the moment won't be a problem with this weather, my tank is usually at 80 - will this be ok? My LFS has 4/5 of them but I was only planning on 1, or do these guys need to be with mates?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for your help! :D

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info! :good: They have been at my LFS for a good few weeks now (I think at least 3) so they must be feeding. Do you know their max size? I think it's approx 8"? Keep reading different things! lol

Higher temps at the moment won't be a problem with this weather, my tank is usually at 80 - will this be ok? My LFS has 4/5 of them but I was only planning on 1, or do these guys need to be with mates?

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks for your help! :D

Dont think they get as big as 8 inches 5 or 6 is maximum size as far as i know they don't appear to grow very quickly. Well mine has not!

Think they will be fine as singles, mine does not appear to be objecting while I try and find it some friends! 80 should be fine temperature wise obviously if this is different from LFS you will have to introduce slowly allowing lots of time for the fish to adjust. Mine is currently at somewhere between 80 and 82

Ian

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back