Kuhlii Loaches

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Missy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I've seen this things in the pet stores and what little I've ready said they are good in community tanks with sand substrate. But, I don't know what they are? Are they a catfish variety or just an "oddball" all its own. There are other kinds of loaches I know but I don't quite get them.

Kuhlii Loaches are interesting fish to keep... and yes they are great for a community aquarium but becareful they like to sometimes hide in filters.. so just be wary of that... they dig under the gravel and pop there little heads out and love eatting fresh blood worms... :fun:

They are loaches - some people would call loaches "catfish" but they are not really - they are Cyprinids. There are loaches in many shapes but most are long thin fish - the Kuhli's, (there are several species), are just a little longer a little thinner than most!

You'll see more of them if you buy a group. They don't really "school" but just seem to be sociable. One on it's own tends to lurk in the plants or other hiding places which, because of their shape, are many.

My friend had a kulii loach that would like to drape itself over a big mystery snail when it was halfway up the glass. She would find it like that regularly. ;)

kuhlis are great little characters mine are never hiding always out and about very strange

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back