Kuhli Loaches With En

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sawickib

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Would I be able to put 7 kuhli loaches with 6 EN fish, or would they eat most of the food? I was also thinking bout 6 panda corys and 8 neon tetras, in a 55 gallon tank. Please dont tell me my tank is to small for the EN they will be upgraded as they reach maturity. I really want the kuhli loaches because i read the like to sift through the sand which would help stopping toxic air bubbles being stuck under the sand.

I might be acting stupid here but what's an EN fish? Once I know that I may be able to help. I keep khulis myself

Nah its ok their elephant nose fish, their not competitive eaters just wondering if kuhli loaches are.
Nah its ok their elephant nose fish, their not competitive eaters just wondering if kuhli loaches are.
lol sent 3 times

Ah ok.

I personally wouldn't think that's a great paring unless the EN are very small.

EN are carnivores (i think) and definitely go for larger worms like small earthworms etc. In my opinion that's far too similar to the kuhlis.

Hopefully someone with more EN experience can join the thread.

LiveAquaria:

"It does well with other, larger species of a peaceful nature, but may be aggressive towards those of similar or smaller size.
The Elephant Nose is carnivorous and will eat many types of meaty foods including; blood worms, chopped earthworms, brine shrimp, flake and pellet foods as well as an array of frozen meaty foods."

I keep Kuhlis to and don't really see them sifting through sand particularly, at least not deeply. When I had gravel many years ago they did bury themselves in there but oddly not in the sand I have now?! They forage and rummage amongst the base of plants and crevices etc. They are excellent at keeping detritus and plant matter on the move which ultimately makes its way into the filter. Very similar to Cory's.

I use MTS and Assassins to churn over my sand and they do bury themselves.

If your fish like to eat snails then all the better, you will not need the Assassin snails as they will keep the MTS population under control.

Or alternatively, just use your fingers to rake the sand each water change.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back